INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Data CD (mp3) Burning question  (Read 1386 times)

ohohyodasoda

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Data CD (mp3) Burning question
« on: December 25, 2002, 12:57:46 pm »

I recently purchased a new Kenwood MP919 for my car.  It is mp3 capeable.  It will support up to 50 folders with up to 255 files/folder in 8 directory levels.  

Using the Artist/Album/Track directory structure for finding and selecting tracks is cumbersome when driving and I would like to just burn 1 folder with all my music files residing in that one folder, similar to the way an audio CD would be.  Just select track number and go.  

My question is.....

Is it possible in MJ to create a playlist with just one folder and put all of the music files in that folder without having MJ adding the Artist/Album sub-folders it normally attaches.   If I could burn my MP3 disks this way I could just enter a track number 1-255 and hit enter and the MP919 would go right to that file and play it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Bob Galanter

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Data CD (mp3) Burning question
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2002, 01:52:48 pm »

Before you start the burn, press the "Options" button and take "Rearrange CD Folders" then "None".   It should place all files in the root of the CD.

If you're using version 9, there's a bug which causes MJ to crash when you change the folder scheme but I think it works OK in version 8.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

MachineHead

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2002, 04:37:08 pm »

Version 8 does this with no problems. Remy's answer is what I typically do for mp3 discs that go with me in the car. Rush hour traffic...makes looking for stuff hazardous.

ohohyodasoda

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2002, 03:29:24 am »

Thanks to both of you... I tried your method and it works perfectly in version 8.  

MJ is with out a dbout the most versatile media program there is.  

MJ RULES  ;D

MachineHead

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2002, 02:14:26 pm »

Another trick you could try if you're feeling lucky is a random selection of tracks.

Click on Media Library. In the search bar at the top (over the track listings) type in: ~s=625 or ~s=675,  depending on the size of your cd media (blank). This prevents MJ from using the 25 MB that is needed to close the disc.

If the listing isn't quite what you want, click on the Refresh (toolbar) and it will shuffle in a whole new set of tracks. It's fast and you never know what you'll get. I do this often, it keeps me from listening to same old stuff.  ;)

When satisfied that it looks OK, right click and select all. Right click again then send to burner, or playlist for that matter.

ohohyodasoda

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2002, 03:30:37 am »

What a great tip!!!  Selecting tracks to burn is time conusming,  especialy when you have over 4000 mp3s.  I have a tendency to select many of the same tracks and listen to the much of the same music all the time.  Random selection is a great idea and I will try this on the next disc I burn.  

Many thanks again ffor all of your assistance,
Bob Galanter
Pages: [1]   Go Up