INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IRMAN not behaving properly  (Read 1372 times)

RktSmshr

• nothing more to say...
IRMAN not behaving properly
« on: December 24, 2002, 03:42:05 pm »

I've just installed MJ 8 on a machine with IRMAN.  I have added the plug-in, added a remote, and trained the software the commands with 2 different remotes.  In neither case, is the remote working properly.

I know IRMAN is working okay (was working just fine w/ WinAmp).

I've programmed play, stop, pause, next/prev track, and next/prev play list.

When I press ANY button, I get random behavior.  Stop does not stop, pause does not pause....  Usually, it is cycling randomly thru the items in teh playlist category regardless of what button I've pressed.  

I have also uninstalled IRMAN and reinstalled as well as deleting and recreating the remote control.

Any ideas on what's going on?

thx
Mark

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: IRMAN not behaving properly
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2002, 04:27:27 pm »

You're not running any other software that might be conflicting with the MJ IRMan plug-in are you?   The plug-in is mutually exclusive with any other remote control software including Girder, uICE, and the software that came with the IRMan itself.   Run one or the other.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

RktSmshr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2002, 08:46:53 pm »

Nope.  Only running MJ.

What I've been now getting for a couple of hours is I can hit a button and it goes to the next track (most buttons).  However the track info seems to have a 45ish second delay before updating.

Now, I've just pressed "stop" and "play" and MJ justexited.

Mark

RemyJ

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2002, 10:53:13 am »

I wonder if the plug-in is having problems with the remote codes you're trying to teach it.  What remote control do you have and what device's codes were you trying to use?  I've got a couple of universal remotes hanging around, maybe I can duplicate the problem.

How were you controlling winamp, what software was managing the IRMan?

What happens if you disable the plug-in and use something like Girder or the IRMan software irself to control MJ?  

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

RktSmshr

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2002, 08:30:55 pm »

Tried using 2 different remotes.  The first was creative lab's remote that came w/ its Extigy.  The 2nd was a Kenwood CD changer remote.  Both got the same results.

As for WinAmp, I was using the exact same remote control w/ IRMan's plug in.  Works reasonably well.  Exact same codes.

Mark

RemyJ

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2002, 09:23:55 pm »

Well, I just tried my creative RM-900 remote control and you're right.  The MJ plug-in doesn't like it all.

My suggestion at this point is to not use the MJ IRMan plug-in but to grab Girder and the MJ Girder Plug-in.   The girder downloads page has config (GML) files for MJ8 as well as MJ9 (or MC9 to be exact).

Girder can also control Winamp (and just about anything else), of course.

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce
Pages: [1]   Go Up