INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on skinning MC9  (Read 1913 times)

MachineHead

Question on skinning MC9
« on: April 05, 2003, 06:36:51 am »

Is there a way to not link file properties to Hilight3D in the xml?

The question was raised in the MC9 forum on how to change the contrast of the PixOS skin. It is a nice skin and all, but the dropdown menus need a bit more definition against the background. Hilight3D puts a nice border around this, along with Shadow3D. However, File Properties seems to be linked to Hilight3D. If the text is left black and Hilight3D is black, there is no way to see the text then in File Properties.

So I'm wondering if there is a way to force a change in the xml to keep File Properties from being shown as a Hilight3D selection?

MachineHead

Re: Question on skinning MC9
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 04:36:20 am »

Additionally:

I also discovered that Shadow3D will mess with Options in much the same way.

With Hilight3D it seems to only blackout the File Info screen. I can change some of the the backgrounds on the other views without it being linked to the Hilight3D. Statistics for example.

After looking at the sdk, it doesn't appear that this can be changed. Can a bitmap - gif be assigned to these areas somehow?

One other question, could Jscripting be used in a Mega-Skin? Or is this just asking for trouble?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 02:01:36 pm »

MEGA-ME doesn't use JScript at all.

As for menu colors, we didn't make a special XML section because it's important that MJ 8 skins work and look good -- and they don't know about menu skinning.

9.1 / 10.0 may allow more ability to override the default colorings used in some areas.  We may also make menus and toolbars bitmap skinnable.

Thanks MachineHead.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MachineHead

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2003, 05:16:09 pm »

MEGA-ME doesn't use JScript at all.

Yeah, I know. Was just wondering if there was a way to do so without causing MC meltdown.

9.1 / 10.0 may allow more ability to override the default colorings used in some areas.  We may also make menus and toolbars bitmap skinnable.

This would be a very cool option for skinners. But even rookies, like me, would really have chance to give MC their very own personal touch. Looking forward to messing up MC in BIG way when this comes around.  ;)

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2003, 01:58:57 pm »

MachineHead,

Check out today's build (9.0.146). We added couple of items to mega-me skinning engine (Menu, OptionsList)

Nikolay

MachineHead

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2003, 09:16:26 pm »

Check out today's build (9.0.146). We added couple of items to mega-me skinning engine (Menu, OptionsList)

Nikolay,

Just started to test this out. This helps much! Borders are probably the best thing for defining the menu I've seen yet.

Would like to take this moment to grovel at your feet... :P

File Properties could use the same treatment as OptionsList. Seperating this from Shadow3D (OptionsList) is one very major improvement for skinning MC.

It would give a bit more power to the skinners if Hilight3D and F.P. could be divorced in a similar manor. My thinking here is toolbar buttons and their 3D effects could be contrasted much more than currently allowed. Right now it is limited if you want to use black in Hilight3D. Obscures F.P. when using black text at the same time.

Anyway, thanks for the additions guys! Getting better all the time.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2003, 01:45:36 pm »

MachineHead,

Toolbar button will have to wait till next version. In next version, we will add an ability to skin toolbar. You will be able to use images to skin toolbars.

Nikolay

MachineHead

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2003, 05:30:53 pm »

Can suffer through this until then!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up