Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPOD  (Read 25524 times)

fan_man

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: IPOD
« Reply #150 on: December 24, 2002, 06:34:18 am »

Something else, using windows explorer the ipod shows no file, no directories but show the correct amount of used and free.

TegaJones

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #151 on: December 24, 2002, 06:42:19 am »

Hello,

I've got a similar problem, I'm new to MJ8 so I just got the latest version as well as the latest iPod plugin v.35 I believe, sorry I'm away from my home computer...but last night I was ripping cd's and when I'd go to upload them to my iPod it would copy maybe 2 full cd's then would just overwrite existing songs on the iPod with each subsequent disc upload so at most I've only got 2 cd's worth of music on my iPod.  I tried reformatting the iPod drive thru MJ8 but this didn't resolve anything.  Can anyone shed some light?

Much appreciated,

TegaJones

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #152 on: December 24, 2002, 06:44:36 am »

Steve/Fan_man:

I've seen this before when we were getting the disappearing songs on the iPod, it was before the .34 build I think.  You'd upload songs to the iPod and all would look fine in MC9, but when you went to look on the iPod it was either missing a playlist or missing all tunes..basically it looked like it was empty.  Even though looking at the iPod in Windows explorer should that they files were there.

It came down to a corrupted iTunes database, although Steve, I never knew how it got in that state.  

Fan_man, perhaps sending Steve a copy of your iTunes DB file would help.

Just make a copy of it, it's on your iPod in the ipod_control\iTunes folders.  And it's called iTunesDB.

If I may be so bold as to include Steve's email as well:

It's steve @ jriver.com   :-[

Good luck guys, because if this bug is out there we're all probably going to run into it sometime.......

Adam

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #153 on: December 24, 2002, 07:01:42 am »

Fan_Man,

Can you check and be sure that you have version 3.0.35 of the Plug-in? Do this by going to Tools->Plug-in Manager->Handheld->Portable Drives and checking the version. If you do not have 3.0.35, please download it.
If you do have 3.0.35, can you find a song on iPod from within MC, check the folder it is in and then go to My Computer->Ipod Drive Letter->iPod_Control->Music->Folder Number and check if the file is there?

TegaJones,

You would upload a CD of songs and then upload a different list of songs and the first files would be overwritten? What actions are you taking to upload the song (i.e. drag and drop, synch, or send-to)?

Adam,

Thanks for the help. No problem about the email. I just put a space in between to keep spamers from grabbing my address.

fan_man

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #154 on: December 24, 2002, 07:01:48 am »

Adam,

thank you. I think you are on to something.
As I said: my Ipod is EMPTY in explorer - no directories and no itunes db at all.
Given that it is amazing I see the 400 odd files that I do on the IPOD interface.

Thanks
Fan Man

fan_man

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #155 on: December 24, 2002, 07:07:54 am »

Steve,

I am using 3.0.35.

When I expang the ipod drive letter in MJ I see
Albums, Artist, Genres, Playlists - thats it.
I do not see any of the directory information you refer to.

Thanks
Fan Man

SteveG

« Reply #156 on: December 24, 2002, 07:10:57 am »

Fan Man,

I think it is impossible that these folders do not actually exist on the player. I think something in your view is not allowing you to see them.

Steve

fan_man

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #157 on: December 24, 2002, 07:16:04 am »

Steve,

I think I understand what you meant now:

- The is nothing under the ipod drive in my computer.

- The files that I can access on the IPOD are in all sorts of different directories. The ones that are hidded all seem to be in 19.

Maybe that helps.

Fan Man

SteveG

« Reply #158 on: December 24, 2002, 07:16:05 am »

Fan Man,

You will not see these folders in MC but either in Explorer or under My Computer. Try right clicking on your iPod drive letter and select "Format". You will lose any data you have on the iPod but afterwards, hopefully things will be better. If you are still stuck, email me at steve @ jriver.com.

Steve

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #159 on: December 24, 2002, 08:12:17 am »

Whoa, wait guys.  Don't do a reformat. Then we'll lose that iTunes db file and can't troubleshoot it.

Fan_man:

The reason you don't see anything on the iPod in Explorer/My Computer is most probably because you have "View Hidden Files" turned off.  the iPod_control folder is a hidden folder.

To enable viewing of hidden folders in My Computer/Explorer, click Tools>Folder Options.  On the View tab scroll down "Hidden Files & Folders" and make sure that viewing of these folders is enabled.  It's probably turned off on your PC.

Then check out your iPod.  There should be an ipod_control folder with a subfolder of itunes in it that has the database file we're looking for.

Adam

SteveG

« Reply #160 on: December 24, 2002, 09:06:18 am »

Everyone,

I just posted a new Plug-in (3.0.36) with a Message Box to inform users how to modify the Volume Label if needed and also with some bug fixes that will address catching files that report in MC as either having no size or no bitrate. I think this may have been causing some of the synch crashing.

I will be back on Thursday to see how things are going for all the good boys and girls who got iPod's under their trees.

For those of you who celebrate Christmas, have a good one.

Steve

PS This thread has gotten huge, so I am closing it and starting a fresh one.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up