INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikolay / Matt ... I need your help guys  (Read 1598 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Nikolay / Matt ... I need your help guys
« on: May 15, 2002, 05:37:35 am »

Dudes,

I have gone back to the old source code to try and get an interim release of AV out without this hanging issue and I am nearly bald after pulling out my hair trying to locate it.

I have removed all MJFiles and MJFile references and still MJ hangs on exit.

Would it be possible for you to sneak in an MJAutomation call I can make that enums the current MJFile objects and returns the track name and reference count?

From that I should be able to identify what the hell is going on.

It's really bizzare you see as the problem only happens if I go into my options screen and I click on a combo box (e.g. thumbnails/conditions) ... and what is even stranger is the fact that it happens when there is *no code at all* in the form!

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
RE:Nikolay / Matt ... I need your help guys
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2002, 06:16:53 am »

Rhino,

In next build you will be able to do more debuging of Media Jukebox automation interfaces.

You will need to install this reg key file. http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/DevZone/Debug/Automation.reg

Also you will need to go to http://www.systeminternals.com and download DebugView program.

You will see MJ debug messages in the DebugView.

If that does not help send me the plug-in I'll try to debug it here.

Regards,
Nikolay

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2002, 06:24:47 am »

Thanks Nikolay,

I already use DebugView ... my tracing class calls OutputDebugString and/or writes to a file depending of the flag value set in the registry.

Do you have an ETA for the next build, i.e. will it be early/late today or tomorrow?

The reason I ask is if it's late (your time) then I can relax this evening and watch some TV (I'm in the UK and it's 3.30pm and nearly home time!).

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2002, 06:40:31 am »

Nikolay,

If you have a spare second (and you have AV installed) can you do a quick test for me Next Page

After Terminate is called there should be zero MJ references kicking about ... can you set a breakpoint in your code and after that call and find out how many MJFile's are still alive and if it's one is it one of your tracks?

In my code my g_MJFiles collection is in a global VB module and when terminate is called I set this to Nothing (followed by g_MJ which is the MJAutomation object passed to me via Init).   I originally tried looping through the collection setting each value to nothing but it made no difference so I stuck with nothing to be more efficient.

Nikolay

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2002, 07:20:29 am »

New build will be release later today, if not I'll send you a copy of new MJ exe. (I don't have your e-mail)

It looks like one MJFileAutomation object is not released. But the number is equal to the number of files in playing now.

Nikolay

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2002, 07:30:27 am »

Cheers Nikolay ... my email address is jamie@jda-ltd.com

That info certainly gives me a heads up ... I'm wondering if it's something to do with my timer.

I'll check into it when I get home.

Nikolay

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2002, 07:35:03 am »

New build of MJ will shut down no matter what. So it's not going to be a very big problem.

Nikolay

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2002, 07:39:38 am »

That's certainly good news ... but I'm still concerned that I've coded something wrong ... so I at least want to find out what mistake I've made.
Pages: [1]   Go Up