INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie question  (Read 1299 times)

jmcarney

• Recent member
Newbie question
« on: April 28, 2002, 09:45:26 pm »

I've only just discovered Media Jukebox and want to write a plugin so I can use my IR remote control with it. I've tried building the BusyBox control as a starting point, but I can't install BusyBox.ocx in MJ - it tells me that only Input, Visualisation & DSP plugins can be added via the PlugIn manager. Apparently the only way to install a Remote Control plugin is through the MJ website. This seems very ... strange. How does one develop other types of plugins?

Cheers,
John.
Cheers,
John Carney.

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
RE:Newbie question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2002, 06:39:32 am »

John,

Take a look at registry.reg file in the Interface SDK. The plug-in must be registered with Media Jukebox and registry.reg file does just that.

Regards,
Nikolay Sokratov
CTO, JRiver, Inc.

jmcarney

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2002, 04:36:17 pm »

Nikolay,

Thanks for your advice, but it makes no difference - MJ still refuses to have anything to do with the BusyBox plugin. When I try to install it, it pops up a message saying that "only Input, Visualization and DSP plug-ins can be added".

Cheers,
John.
Cheers,
John Carney.

Nikolay

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2002, 06:57:16 am »

John,

Only Input, and DSP plug-ins can be added using Add Plugins button, the rest of the MJ plug-ins are COM controls and self register. VB controls require Registry.reg file to be run in order to register them.

Registry.reg file has to modified for each plug-in.

Look in the MJ Left Tree view, new item called "Plug-ins" now should be added to it, under it you will be able to find BusyBox plug-in.

Nikolay

jmcarney

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2002, 05:38:01 pm »

Nikolay,

There is no Plugins item in the tree view. I've installed the supplied Registry.reg file and manually verified that the appropriate keys and values were added in to the registry. This is getting really frustrating.

Incidentally, I think the choice of using HKEY_CURRENT_USER for the plugin keys is a little short-sighted. It makes it a nuisance when installing plugins on a machine that has mutiple users.

John.
Cheers,
John Carney.
Pages: [1]   Go Up