INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.1.273 available  (Read 2185 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.1.273 available
« on: October 09, 2003, 03:58:14 pm »

Please read carefully before downloading.

This is the latest build.  There may be some known (and unknown) bugs.

The latest known stable version of 9.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter9_1.exe

The latest build of 9.1 is here:  
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter91273.exe

Please report only known problems in this thread.  If you want to discuss changes in the UI or make requests, please use another thread.

History:
1. Changed: Expanded "Add Preset" search menu.
2. Fixed: CD copy dialog would sometimes disappear behind MC window so user thought rip process was hung.
3. Fixed: User could exit MC while "secure rip report" dialog was displayed, causing a crash.
4. Fixed: (Hopefully) Error message about "can't get correct volume information" when an audio CD is inserted.
5. Fixed: When removing internal cover art from files, MC was always assuming it was a JPEG and not converting when necessary.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
Re:Media Center 9.1.273 available
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 06:25:31 pm »

Maximized MC still stops a hidden task bar from showing up by moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have to use ctrl+escape or the windows button to get it, and that's annoying when I'm controlling a computer via Remote Administrator. Is this never going to be fixed? This is my only annoyance with a better and better program. So thanks, guys!  8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 08:23:23 pm »

I've been getting frequent crashes with MC recently. It's mainly with images. Not playing, just viewing in the list. The weird thing is when I restart MC and go back to where I was, everything is fine. Nothing has changed since the crash except the restart.

So I can't rule out a bad file because all the files are loaded. Same thing goes when importing images. It will crash, restart, back to same thing, it's fine again.

Yeah I know I'm not giving much info here but there's not much I can say on it. It just crashes a lot.

Anyway to make another test version that writes what it's doing to a file or something? Maybe that way I could track it down to where the problem is. I currently have 131,686 files imported into the library. Maybe it's just getting too big for MC to handle based on my system?

Media Center Registered 9.1.273 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 806 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 196 MB, Free - 52 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     CD-W54E            Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

dragyn

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 09:10:51 pm »

Hmm..now this is weird.

All I was doing was selecting thumbnails (ctrl + click, sroll down) in a list and it crashed. I had about 30 or so selected at the time it happened. I wasn't doing anything else but that. No music playing, etc.

It's like MC starts to freeze. You can hear the disk going for a moment, then MC dissappears. When MC crashes (my post above), it will do the freeze, noise (I assume it's writing to the disk), disappears.

Only seems to crash in thumbnail mode. Rarely crashes when viewing details.

classical

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 11:03:04 pm »

I am a new user that downloaded the current release two days ago.  Everytime and mean everytime I try to rip a CD it starts then hangs.  The read speed drops to 0 and when I try to close the program I get the Windows dialog that the program is not responding.  When I reload the program and start over it will finish.

I am running XP on an IBM T40 laptop.

Help

Thanks

jaysee

• Recent member
  • chowabunga
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 12:13:58 am »

Media Scheduler still loses custom tasks after a reboot. This has been broken since version 9 at least.

Also, even with Random Play turned on, the command line below when entered in MS does not clear playing now and the playlist loaded is not shuffled.

/Play TREEPATH=Playlists\Mixes\<playlist name>

This comand line used to work fine in version 9.

dragyn

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 06:27:43 am »

Also, even with Random Play turned on, the command line below when entered in MS does not clear playing now and the playlist loaded is not shuffled.

/Play TREEPATH=Playlists\Mixes\<playlist name>

This comand line used to work fine in version 9.

You need to use /PlayReplace instead of /Play.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 09:05:58 am »

I am a new user that downloaded the current release two days ago.  Everytime and mean everytime I try to rip a CD it starts then hangs.  The read speed drops to 0 and when I try to close the program I get the Windows dialog that the program is not responding.  When I reload the program and start over it will finish.

I am running XP on an IBM T40 laptop.

Help

Thanks
Can you play the CD track in MC without problems? Please post your system info (from MC's help menu). Try ripping with the encoder set at "uncompressed wave" to rule out an encoding problem. Since you're a new user, you're probably not using the "digital secure" rip method, but if you are, try "digital large buffer" to see if it behaves differently (these modes are accessible from the "Advanced" button in the "Device settings" options dialog).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

nivw

• World Citizen
  • &quot;I m singing in the rain, na na nanana...&quot;
can't convert WAV -> mp3
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 09:43:39 am »

tried it once, twice , single file, many files.

No go :-(

confirm?

Niv

Empyrean

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
RipCD in Action Window
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2003, 09:45:52 am »

Please add "Rip CD" option to Action Window when inserting a original CD.

JohnT

Re:can't convert WAV -> mp3
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2003, 10:21:05 am »

tried it once, twice , single file, many files.

No go :-(

confirm?

Niv
I can't reproduce this. What are the symptoms? Post your system info. Where did the wave files come from? What mp3 settings are you using?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up