INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing Now with Popups v1.0.0.8  (Read 3193 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Playing Now with Popups v1.0.0.8
« on: October 10, 2003, 01:49:35 pm »

Here is a screenshot of the popup:

Here's the download link:

http://www.mrblobby.ukshells.co.uk/GetPlayingNow/gpn.exe

Here's what's new:

1)  Added ability to rate the currently playing track, just right click on the popup.
2)  Re-implemented transparency ... woohoo!
3)  Added ability to specify position of popup, TopLeft/TopCentre/etc as well at physical co-ordinates ... check Config.INI
4)  Added ability to save the popup image to a .JPG ... check the Config.INI file
5)  Support .PNG format for the rating images.
6)  Fixed various graphical glitches when drawing over MC

Check the GetPlayingNow.ini and the default skin config file for a description of each of the entries.

As I have mentioned before the setup will overwrite the Default skin, so if you have made any changes you had better back them up.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re:Playing Now with Popups v1.0.0.8
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 04:36:20 pm »

Schweet! I was hoping that transparency would make it back, since I really liked it, but I also really liked the fade stuff as well. It was too hard to choose. And now I don't have to!

The other additions sound really nice, too. I can't wait to try it out.

I locked the other threads for the older versions. You had said in the 1.0.0.7 thread that it was a PITA to monitor all of them for comments, so I figured I'd take care of that for you.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 04:38:22 pm »

Thanks doof.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 04:51:35 pm »

No problem. I'm really loving the positioning feature. Since I have my taskbar on the top, it kept frustrating me that it would cover the window controls. Not a problem anymore!

Sauzee

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 04:56:02 pm »

I love the ability to rate tracks.

As I don't want to do that until I've listened to at least part of the track, is there any way to pop-up your screen again during playing now to enable me to rate the track?

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 05:07:02 pm »

Ctrl-Alt-F8 will pop it up anytime you want.

Rhino, I was wondering... would it be possible to have both a filled, and unfilled rating icon? To show that it's 4/5 stars or whatever?

I was also thinking that if you did that, it would provide a way to rate a track with a left click on the popup instead of in a right click menu. Kind of like how MC works. What do you think? Doable?

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 05:28:39 pm »

Great work pal!

As i told you elsewhere, i'm working with fullscreen bitmaps and i have sort of a new request for you since i'm doing this on a big screen.

Not all the cover art files i have has a 256x256 version which looks great on screen. What happens usually is that only a  64x64 or 128x128, etc version is available.

What i would like to do is that on that files which have at least a 128x128 version, those files would have the option to be expanded to a 256x256 version. I know many would not like what i'm saying as lot of resolution perhaps would be lost, but... that in return keeps screen formatting neat through all file display.

Is that possible?

.... There's a second thing i'd like to discuss which is related to the latter and my use of MC mostly in hairstyle mode.

It seems like in this mode, the usual behaviour is that no other window can get focus and i see their point of doing it like that. But again, it would be perfect (for me... other's opinion of course count) to see  the currently playing song info pop up in full screen too in this mode. Just a matter of taste... how does it sound to you Rhino.

Thanks for your last advice. Well.. it worked.

See ya and thanks in advance.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2003, 06:32:57 am »

Doof:

I personally don't like the filled/unfilled tyle of rating as it requires more time to determine the actual rating ... but I'll look at adding it ... it shouldn't be hard to do.

As far as rating with the left mouse is concerned ... I'll see how much work it is.

Hugo_Elbuho:

I'll see what i can do regarding the thumbnail sizing.   Also re the popup in hairstyle mode, it appears here.   Are you saying that you don't want it to ... or are you saying it doesn't appear?popup does appear in Hairstyle mode.

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2003, 06:40:14 am »

Hi man,

I want it to appear and well... it does... but sometimes it doesn't or it's behaviour is erratic. With that i mean that i get window flicker at times and at at times i don't, like if hairstyle always wanted to get the focus. I'll see if i can get some captions for you.

Thanks again.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2003, 02:11:19 pm »

Doof:

I have just added the ability to set the rating by moving the mouse over the filled/unfilled rating images ... and it's sweet :)   It was a lot easier than I thought.

Unfortunately I am going to rename the program to PlayingNow (instead of GetPlayingNow) as it makes more sense and I want to add in the ability to generate the popup without a background based on your current windows colour settings for the gradient, etc, so I doubt I will have anything releasable till Monday.

The Dude

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 08:07:06 am »

I'm afraid this might be a stupid question, but I can't find the config.ini file. The only file I can find is in James Dickson\GetPlayingNow\Backup\GetPlayingNow.ini and when I make changes to it the changes are not reflected in the program. Is this the correct file to adjust if i wanna change options? Thanks for any help you guys can give me and thanks for an awesome program Rhino.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 08:18:53 am »

Check in the skins\default directory.

There should also be a link to this in the Start/Programs/James Dickson menu.

Drowbe

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2003, 12:30:28 pm »

I have just added the ability to set the rating by moving the mouse over the filled/unfilled rating images ... and it's sweet :)   It was a lot easier than I thought.

That is great!  That takes care of my original request.  I found a workaround to making the stars *disabed*...I added a faded version of them to the background.  That way, the rated stars are darker over them giving the "4 of 5" stars feel.

Again, fantastic plugin...

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2003, 12:41:40 pm »

I found a workaround to making the stars *disabed*...I added a faded version of them to the background

Hey ... that's clever ... I would never have thought of that!

v1.1 is almost ready to go ... just need to choose on a colour scheme for one of the new features.

Be prepared for big changes in the INI file though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up