INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modifying XML  (Read 910 times)

stevenf

• World Citizen
  • It works for me....
Modifying XML
« on: October 11, 2003, 11:57:50 pm »

Can Anyone tell me how to modify the XML so that i can change the colour of the tracks in Media Library, any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

Stevenf

LisaRCT

Re:Modifying XML
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 09:35:59 am »

If you mean by what mechanism do you edit, you can download a free XML editor which works well for me . .  . .

http://www.iol.ie/~pxe/

If you mean what to edit within the XML file . . . .

within the XML file find the entry under "LIST" and you will find entries for COLOR designation like this:

<Colors Text="FFFFFF" Back="303030" SelectedText="FFFFFF" SelectedBack="1D3873" Current="A2CFFF"/>

Simply edit the color codes for the items ou wish to change.

Hope that helps!

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 11:19:46 am »

You can also right-click the "Main.xml" file and choose "Open With," then choose Notepad.  Or, you could open Notepad first, then use Notepad to open the main.xml file.

I'm thinking that stevenf is double clicking the file and it's opening in IE....

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 05:33:07 pm »

If you mean by what mechanism do you edit, you can download a free XML editor which works well for me . .  . .

http://www.iol.ie/~pxe/

If you mean what to edit within the XML file . . . .

That's a very cool program.  However, it looks like it's good for editing data and not as easy for creating raw xml files, as there is tons and tons of clicking to create your information.  Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Maybe if I create a proper doc type, it can create the xml structure on its own, and all I have to do is fill in the information.

kiwi
Pages: [1]   Go Up