INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: find and replace for images  (Read 1358 times)

JoshuaHorowitz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say... other than that MC rocks!
find and replace for images
« on: October 12, 2003, 02:42:01 am »

Is there some way to do a find+replace for image filenames (the images linked to from audio files, that is)? "Image File" doesn't seem to be on the list for the normal "Find and Replace..." tool and I can't find anything applicable under "Image" on the right-click menu.

If there isn't a way, why not?

LisaRCT

Re:find and replace for images
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 10:05:58 am »

I do not believe there is an actual 'Find & Replace" command for this,
However:
If you right click on the file list headings bar you can select the 'columns to show' . . .  
check "Image file" . . .
now you can select the files you wish to change the image in and choose a replacement file (or delete them and allow MC to seek out another instead).

JoshuaHorowitz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 11:56:05 am »

Hmmm. Well, given that I'd like to fix the image files for a few thousand MP3s, I suppose this is a feature request. Can "Image File" be made a find+replaceable field?

Thanks.

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 12:00:26 pm »

In the interim, my thought would be to select all the files I wish to change images in, and simply delete all the images.
Then I would have the new images attached by using MC's
"Image -->> Get From Internet"
"Image -->> quick find in file/cover art directory"
or King Sparta's plug-in for cover art.

Since MC9.1 was just released I would guess that there is probably little chance of features being added until next version.

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2003, 04:19:35 am »

I came to a similar kind of cropper last week.  I wanted to copy data from a calculated field into a new field.  Unfortunately MC does not include calculated fileds in find/replace and move/copy either...MC10?

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JoshuaHorowitz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2003, 11:08:39 pm »

Is "Image File" a calculated field? Intuitively I wouldn't think so, as it seems to be rather elemental. Aren't calculated fields derived from other fields? If so, what's "Image File" derived from? Maybe that'll be my fix.

sraymond

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2003, 11:30:50 pm »

Is "Image File" a calculated field? Intuitively I wouldn't think so, as it seems to be rather elemental. Aren't calculated fields derived from other fields? If so, what's "Image File" derived from? Maybe that'll be my fix.

Well, you can't manually edit the field...  you have to go through the Tools->Image menu.

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up