INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skins for 9.1?  (Read 1144 times)

bvm

• World Citizen
Skins for 9.1?
« on: October 14, 2003, 01:46:50 am »

Is there a separate location for skins that work with 9.1?  I've tried to download a few of the ones on the official skins page (at least where it sends me when I click "Download more skins" in the Skin Manager), but they all seem to have screen images that look like 9.0.  When I run the .mjp file, it reports it's downloading the skin, kills MC9 in order to install the skin, but then it reports failure: "Failed to load skin 'Woodeck'.  Reverting to default skin." (gee, it could at least revert to the previous skin.)

After this, there's a new subdirectory of \J River\Media Center\MegaSkins, but the skin doesn't show up in the Skin Manager.

For that matter, is there any real documentation about skins?  There's precious little in MC9's help file.

Marko

Re:Skins for 9.1?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 02:06:46 am »

These forums are the best place to browse ---> Third Party Plug-ins, Programs, and Skins

In there, you can find some really class stuff.....

Windows Media 9.1 Skin (BETA 10)

Brushed metal 9.1 skin

NightLife 9.1 Skin-package (GetPlayingNow-support)

MediaOne 9.1 Skin (BETA 6)

WinDoze Skins for MC 9.1 (UPDATE for .246)

there's some kwiklinks to get you going, do check out the forums there though, there's some nice stuff there beyond skinning. Remember too, these cool additions to MC represent many hours of work, given to us free of charge, so, replies are always appreciated ;)

==========
Listening to:

image updated in 'realtime'  8)
How? find out here ;)

bvm

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 03:23:36 pm »

These forums are the best place to browse ---> Third Party Plug-ins, Programs, and Skins

Thanks, I feel silly that I hadn't noticed that board before.  Would be nice if the skins were in their own board, though, rather than scattered thru that one.

And I still say that MC9.1 shouldn't be pointing at a location for skins that don't work with 9.1.

Remember too, these cool additions to MC represent many hours of work, given to us free of charge, so, replies are always appreciated

But of course.  I also appreciate all the readers of this board who are so helpful to us newbies.

Marko

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 03:35:44 pm »

<snip>
And I still say that MC9.1 shouldn't be pointing at a location for skins that don't work with 9.1.
<snip>

Absolutely. Regular Interact readers are all aware of the skins issues, but new users? This is something that could put off quite a few who could well ditch the software without ever looking here.
I'm sure this will be addressed, but perhaps it should happen sooner rather than later? ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up