INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: sync to USB drive?  (Read 713 times)

tdrozdowski

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
sync to USB drive?
« on: October 13, 2003, 10:53:54 pm »

I could be missing something, but the 'Portable Drives' plugin for 9.1.x doesn't seem to recognize USB Harddrives.  I have a 200GB USB drive that I have been manually updating as a backup for my main mp3 collection (which I take to work - always a good idea to have your backups offsite!  ;) )  Anyhow, I figured there is (or at least should be) a way to sync up your main library with a USB drive, or any drive on your system, for that matter. (ie. network drive, etc)  Anyone have any suggestions?  Or is this turning out to be a feature request?

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
Re:sync to USB drive?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 03:21:47 am »

I'm interested in this too.  I would like to maintain a backup copy of my music library, either to a network device or a USB/Firewire HD.  

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

kiwi

Phil Lee

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2003, 05:35:08 am »

I would love to have the ability to synch my music library with a network drive/folder from within MC. It would be great for the backup strategy I'm in the process of implementing for my PC.

kiwi

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2003, 06:57:06 am »

Yeah, I'd like to be able to set a custom field of "backup drive"  this could be any value.  then I could create smartlists of those files and sync them to that specific device.

I guess that I could probably get it to copy the files there manually, but I'd like to have something that would make sure that there were duplicates.

There are two functions that I might use to perform it manually, "move/copy files" and Rename Files from tags.  Both of these aren't the ideal uses of this.

What I'd really like to do is be able to define a device for either network drives or external hard drives.  Then I could use the regular sync commands to move/copy files and keep things in sync.

kiwi
Pages: [1]   Go Up