INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image dates, how are they added?  (Read 797 times)

eruji

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Image dates, how are they added?
« on: October 14, 2003, 12:15:08 pm »

When i add jpg's to my library some are filled in with the Date (day), Date (month), Date (year) field automatically. But some are not.

I have photos from the same day, like when we went to Sea World, 1 photo filled in the info and the others did not, but when i  look at the properties of the "other" photos they have the same "Date Created" date as the one photo that did get filled in. Where does MC get the info for Date(day, month and year)? i would assume from the exif info, which i thought was the "Date Created" field.

I ask because im trying to organize my photos by, Year, Month and Day.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Image dates, how are they added?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 01:44:56 pm »

"Date" will get filled from the EXIF info, and in the latest 9.1, "Date Created" if the EXIF info is blank.

Using Action Window > File Type Info page will allow you to see the EXIF information in you images.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

eruji

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Image dates, how are they added?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 03:33:03 pm »

"Date" will get filled from the EXIF info, and in the latest 9.1, "Date Created" if the EXIF info is blank.

seems i had one build down from the latest, thats why it wasnt filling in from the Date Created field.

okay so now i have 9.1.279 installed and it works except for 6 files, they have a value in the Date Created field, but only the date(year) fills in. the date(month, day) are still unassigned. Anyhow, just thought id mention it.

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up