INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play just one track?  (Read 881 times)

bvm

• World Citizen
Play just one track?
« on: October 19, 2003, 01:48:25 am »

This seems like a silly question, given this is a jukebox program and all, but is there a straightforward way to play only a single track (i.e., have playback stop at the end of the track and not go on to another)?  I suppose a less than straightforward way is to drop the track into an otherwise empty playlist and play it from there.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Play just one track?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2003, 02:13:19 am »

Right click on the track and select "Play."  This clears the "Playing Now" list and plays the single track.  Make sure the little "repeat" toggle in the "Play Bar" is set to "OFF" if you don't want the song to repeat.

If you double click the file (instead of selecting "Play" from the right click menu) it will add ALL the songs in the current window to the Playing Now list.

Larry

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2003, 02:19:15 am »

Hi,

This should be quite easy.

First you need to select the track you wish in your library using the tree, the panes or the search dialog. Then as the selected track is highlighted :
Right Mouse Click / Play will onlly play your selected track.

Now if you want to have the same effect with the main Play button you need to go to Option/General/Play Button and choose 'Play visible files (selected)' in order to only send the selected track to the 'playing now' playlist.

Another way is to use the search dialog to select your track and then the combination <Shift><Enter> will only play the track found.
i.e. : If I only enter the keywords 'Stones Jumpin' the selection will find one track : 'Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash' that I can play instantly using <Shift><Enter> (Keywords to enter depends of the richness of your library)

Hope this helps,

Have a great sunday,

C.
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2003, 02:20:45 am »

Hi Larry, seems you were faster that me :)

Have a great day,

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

bvm

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2003, 02:12:50 am »

Right click on the track and select "Play."  This clears the "Playing Now" list and plays the single track.  Make sure the little "repeat" toggle in the "Play Bar" is set to "OFF" if you don't want the song to repeat.

Thanks.  I figured there had to be something.  I'd tried using the Play menu item, but I hadn't noticed that tiny "Continuous" icon up in the corner messing me up.
Pages: [1]   Go Up