INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I Feel Ripped Off  (Read 1649 times)

emathis

• I'm a llama!
I Feel Ripped Off
« on: November 07, 2003, 03:57:44 pm »

I wanted to buy media center 9.1 from the beginning, but the purchase area said you could only buy it as an upgrade from the "help" pulldown. So I bought Jukebox and when I tried to upgrade it said there wasn't any upgrade available. I was eventually able to upgrade from jukebox to media center for 19.99. When you add these 2 purchases together I ended up pay $5.00 more than the advertised price of $34.99. Where did I screw up and is there anything that can be done to make this right. Thank You for any help with this matter.

jleerigby

Re:I Feel Ripped Off
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 04:09:41 pm »

There is something wrong with your maths - The advertised price is $39.98.

Whatever you paid, or any of us paid for that matter, it was not enough as this program is worth treble that.

nameless

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 04:36:31 pm »

emathis

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 04:48:48 pm »

OK,

I got my numbers wrong, but I still payed $5.00 more than if I had bought Media Center right off the bat. Let's round the numbers off:

$25+$20= $45 versus the standard price of $40

Shady Bimmer

• World Citizen
  • (too busy listening)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 05:25:43 pm »

Here is what I found when clicking on the Purchase link:

PURCHASE and LICENSE DETAILS
Please choose one of the following:

Which product is right for me?  

JRiver MEDIA CENTER  version 9.x  $39.98
Switching between versions 8.0 and 9.x  
Restoring a license  

Previous versions:  
MEDIA JUKEBOX version 8.0 $24.98
MEDIA JUKEBOX version 7.2  No longer sold

It seems pretty straight forward to me and I don't see any mention about "upgrade" pricing, let alone it being the only method.

Clicking on the Media Center version 9.x link  brings up:
MEDIA CENTER Purchase FAQ
Thank you for your interest in JRiver Media Center. This page will answer questions you may have about purchasing or about a license you may already own.
Media Center 9 can be purchased from the Help section of the program. The price is $39.98.

A Media Center version 9 license will also work with Media Jukebox version 8.0.  An MJ version 8 license purchased before December 3, 2002, will work with MC version 9. MJ Version 8 licenses purchased after December 3, 2002, can be upgraded to MC version 9.  The upgrade price is $19.98.

It states that MC9 may be purchased from the help section.  This FAQ goes into detail about the purchase process including checking to make sure you are purchasing the correct license.

As another poster indicated, though, the price in either case is well worth it.  The $5 difference is less than you'll find from other software vendors that still offer previous/alternate versions.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2003, 05:30:41 pm »

I got my numbers wrong, but I still paid$5.00 more than if I had bought Media Center right off the bat.

MC9 has been on sale for over a year. the option to buy was always there on the J river web pages.

If you would have bought MJ8 before December 2nd of 2002 for 24.98 MC9 would have been a free upgrade.

You can't make everyone happy but I feel J river has put out the information.

Users need to read the options provided and make up there own mind on what they want to do. At that point they also need to take responsibility of there own decisions.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up