INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uploads to Zen not using correct artist info  (Read 640 times)

BDR

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Uploads to Zen not using correct artist info
« on: October 25, 2003, 06:06:55 pm »

I am trying to upload tracks to my Nomad Zen NX.  I remember a week or so ago someone asking and getting a response on how to get the artist field in the Zen to reflect the album artist field so that you could end up with "Clapton, Eric" instead of "Eric Clapton".

I believe you were suppose to right click on the Nomad Jukebox under the CD, DVD & Handhelds portion of the tree and  then select "Album Artist" under Select Artist Field.

After following these instructions, I ended up with about half of my tracks having "Unknown" in the Artist and Album Artist fields of the Zen after I completed the upload.  This seems to mainly happen with tracks that have identical Artist and Album Artist fields like "Bush".  If I inturn select Artist under the "Select Artist Field", then Bush shows up properly (no more Unkown Artist) but now the tracks with peoples names end up with being sorted by their first name (under the E's for Eric Clapton instead of the C's).

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Uploads to Zen not using correct artist info
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 09:20:25 am »

BDR,

In MC, tracks have information stored under Artist, Artist Album and Artist Album(auto). Because Nomad only supports one Artist storage you must decide which you would like to use. Whichever you select is what should populate the Artist field on Nomad.  

FYI Artist Album(auto) uses Artist if it is present and if not then Artist Album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up