INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I add images (jpg) to mp3s?  (Read 1535 times)

McSlick

• I love dogs!!! What else can I say!?!
How can I add images (jpg) to mp3s?
« on: October 03, 2003, 08:51:07 am »

I checked the 'Help' and it says "select 'add' or 'get' ", but it doesn't tell me which menu to look under or what steps to follow after that. I've looked all through the drop down menus and submenus and can't find these commands. Here's a copy of the help section that isn't much help!                                                                                                      'Image Tab'? WHERE IS IT?

IMAGE TAB            

Add Images

To insert an image you already have on your drive, select "Add"FROM WHAT MENU? and browse to the image.
If you want Media Jukebox to get the image on the web, select "Get".
You can also Copy/Paste an image directly in this screen.  WHAT SCREEN?

Store an image

Select "Store image(s) inside music files when possible" to have Media Jukebox save the image in the file's ID3v2 tags.
(I can't find this command under any of the menus)

Someone, PLEASE help me figure out this simple task. If The help section would just say where these commands are located it would be so easy.
I'm an intermediate user that needs and appreciates tips and advice on the finer points of software usage. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help out.  Hope I can be of some help

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How can I add images (jpg) to mp3s?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2003, 09:05:53 am »

Someone, PLEASE help me figure out this simple task.

1. Select A MP3
2. Right click
3. Select "Image"
4. Select Add From File

at any rate all options are there
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2003, 09:09:39 am »

Very easy:
Select one ore multiple mp3 and right click on
Select Image
Select Add from File
Select Store image(s) inside music files when possible (same menue)
navigate to the jpg you wish to add
click open
Electricians do it 'til it Hz

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2003, 09:11:03 am »

KingSparta is always faster  ;)
Electricians do it 'til it Hz

kiwi

• Don't worry, be happy...
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2003, 08:31:58 pm »

Is there any way to add multiple images to a file?  I'd love to have the cover art, booklet & back associated with each file.  It would go a long way to completing my non-reliance on CDs.

kiwi

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2003, 09:34:34 pm »

Using .254 (not updating till iPod is stable again).  New files, imported into my library.  "no image(s) -- right-click for tools"

Tools > Options; Tree & View Settings.  Selected "Image File" in the list box.  Clicked "Edit" button.

In the "Data" area, everything is greyed out.  "Store in file tags (when possible)" is checked... I just can't un-check it.

Tools > Options; General.  "Update tags when file info changes" is checked.

Right-click > Image > Quick-find in File / Cover Art Directory (it's in there as folder.jpg).  Image looks great in MC.

Right-click > Library Tools > Update Tags (From Library).  Info box says 12 files updated, 0 failures.  Clicked OK.

Closed MC.  Opened up MMJB 8.1 and imported these files.  Played one of 'em.  No cover art image displayed.  Right-click > Edit Track Tags.  No cover art displayed.

So, if MC is storing the image file inside the MP3, it's doing it in a way that MMJB can't understand.  I'm not sayin' that MMJB is the end-all be-all, mind you.  It's just what I'm using for a control.

======================================================

Closed MMJB and went back to MC.  Selected these files.  Right-click > Image....... and that's when I noticed the "Store cover art in files (if possible)" option on the context menu!  Cool, I'll try it.

Updated the tags, taking longer this time, since it was actually putting the .jpg in the files.  I did it to all the songs in the album.  Now, when they're all selected, the Action Window just says "Inside Files" instead of showing the darn image.  Please fix this, it's bad and wrong.

Fired up MMJB.  It sees the images now.

So, the option on the context menu, which seems to be different somehow than the one in Tools > Options; Tree & View Settings, is the key to putting the images in your actual files.  However, please fix the "Action Window just says 'Inside Files' when selecting multiple files that all have the same album art injected into them" bug.  I would like to see the album's cover when I select all of the album, not just a message that assures me that each song has the cover inside it.

;)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2003, 04:45:15 am »

Is there any way to add multiple images to a file?  I'd love to have the cover art, booklet & back associated with each file.  It would go a long way to completing my non-reliance on CDs.

kiwi

No, Not With MC9

You Can With Many Tag Editors Like Dr. Tag, But that does not mean that MC9 will see them.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2003, 04:49:21 am »

Updated the tags, taking longer this time, since it was actually putting the .jpg in the files.  I did it to all the songs in the album.  Now, when they're all selected, the Action Window just says "Inside Files" instead of showing the darn image.  Please fix this, it's bad and wrong.

the orginal image file may say filename.jpg but the image may be a GIF image. so if you take the image and look at the first few bytes of it you can tell if it is a GIF. if so change the extender to GIF and see if it works.

MC9 does not check the file to see what kind of image it is it only looks at the extender that may or maynot be correct.

if it is incorrect mc9 will not show the image.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2003, 06:10:33 am »

I'll fix that in the help file.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

McSlick

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2003, 07:44:56 am »

1. Select A MP3
2. Right click
3. Select "Image"
4. Select Add From File

at any rate all options are there

Dear Kingsparta: Thanks for trying to help but your instructions are very vague. You said 'select mp3', right click, select 'Image', select 'Add from file'. You fail to see the missing links. You don't mention if I'm to select an mp3 inside MC or from the folder where all my mp3s are. In any case I tried both. Neither menus that appear have an option to select 'Image'. Please read the complete post and you'll see that I've tried the obvious. I'm using XP and Version 9 Media Center. Please when you give instructions please don't leave out vital info like WHERE to select an mp3 from and which section in the tool bar or whatever. Don't assume anything, please.  

I'm an intermediate user that needs and appreciates tips and advice on the finer points of software usage. Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help out.  Hope I can be of some help

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2003, 10:34:58 am »

McSlick - these guys are trying to help here.

Select the file from within MC. Apart from that, KingSpartas and AndyCircuits are as detailed as they could be - for MC9.1. I dont think it was vastly different in MC9, but maybe there are some differences - I cant remember. Lise writes the help files - shes obviously going to update that where necessary.

If youre not seeing this as a menu item, IIRC in MC9  you select the file and choose properties to get the properties window up, then from that window you can get to the images menu (not sure if its a tab or not). The add image stuff is I think pretty much as described from there on. Trust me - its not difficult, but the interface has changed quite a bit in recent times, and sometimes its hard to keep up.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2003, 10:43:06 am »

I sent him a E-mail

I think he was trying to select mp3's not imported into MC9.

I was thinking about taking some pictures but he should get it with the last post.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2003, 07:46:47 am »

This is probably fixed with King Sparta's email, but my guess is that McSlick isn't using MC but MJ.  He quoted the help file; but none of what he quotes can be found in the current help file.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2003, 08:10:06 am »

not sure, i sent him pictures on how to do it

he said his program does not look like mine.

he could be using Winamp for all i know.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re:How can I add images (jpg) to mp3s?
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2003, 12:52:41 pm »

I hope KSs email solved this, but I just realised I missed a PM from McSlick a few days ago, so Im bumping this in case he wants to let me know that I didnt put him off Interact for all time... :)

McSlick

« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2003, 12:36:51 am »

This may seem a bit late but, better late than never. I have just reviewed all of this topic's messages and was a little surprized by what I read. Some of your messages back and forth between a few of you guys who think you know it all, sound like you think I'm some kind of newbie.  :( Guess again.  ? It also seems you think I don't have enough sense to know which version I'm using (MC or MJ). Give me a break!  :P Anyway, I found out how MY VERSION OF MC 9.0 works. Select mp3>Tools>Get Cover Art from Internet-('Cover Art Retrieval Options' dialog box appears)>Drop down menu has 3 options 1)Download (if missing) 2)Download (always) 3)Offline (use already downloaded cover art). I usually select 3) and manually download the cover art because MC sometimes gets the wrong image and sometimes one that is much larger than necessary (500x500 rather than the preferred 200x200 pixels) Don't get me wrong, I DO appreciate you trying to help, it's just that NO ONE came even close to knowing how 'the original MC' functioned.
Hope you all have happy ;D and fruitful lives.
Sincerely,
McSlick  8)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2003, 08:36:11 am »

McSlick

most of us have moved on from 9.0 so the options have changed. and i stated that in my e-mail to you i do not use MC9.0

it would have been nice if you would have e-mailed me back to tell me you figured it out.

your messages back and forth between a few of you guys who think you know it all, sound like you think I'm some kind of newbie.
everyone was just trying to help, and no one here knows it all or thinks they do.

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up