INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Tuner Problem in Europe  (Read 1332 times)

Bielmann

• I'm a llama!
TV Tuner Problem in Europe
« on: October 23, 2003, 06:40:59 am »

I am using a Hauppage WinTV PCI card with 881 chip and have the follwoing problem:

When scanning for channels, all the channels have green/purple colors only. Compared to the WinTV2000 Application I have only little choice about the Decoding (Pal M, Pal N, NTSC...) In my WinTV2000 Application, the picture is only correct if I choose Pal BK, this choice does not exist in the MCenter 9.1......

What can I do? What do the country settings mean in the TV Plugin Settings?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re:TV Tuner Problem in Europe
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 08:44:10 am »

The choice of video standard is exactly what the driver gives. Have you tried pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F? Keep pressing the combination until you find the correct standard.
What do the country settings mean in the TV Plugin Settings?
The country selection tells the tuner which format your tuner should use. Microsoft's DirectShow maps country code to correct TV standard. Usually a TV tuner card can tune to either NTSC or PAL, but not both. On the other hand, the card is capable of processing video of different format (such as video input from composite or SVideo), that's when CTRL+SHIFT+F can be used.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Bielmann

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2003, 02:49:02 am »

I've tried to switch trough the standarts by Ctrl-Shift-F. It doesn't change anything on the color problem. Still green/purple only. What I've noticed is, that I have much more options in the Video Capture Filter than in the TV Tuner Properties.(in Tv Tuner, i can only chose between Pal-D and Pal_G) What's strange is, that if I change the video standard in the video capture filter, it doesn't change in the TV Tuner Properties. (Right now i'm just talking about the TVOption->Advanced Properties->TV Tuner and ->Video Capture Filter Properties) And, if I try to force to another standard in TV Tuner Properties (e.g. from Pal_D to Pal_G; hit Apply) it doesn't take over the settings: Just nothing happens at all.

Whatever I chose, the picture is always just bright green and purple. In my WinTV2000 i've choosen PAL-BGHIKD as a Video Standard and the picture is flawless.

I have no idea, what the problem is.....Anyone facing the same troubles?

What do this COuntry and Tuning Space Settings mean? Might this be the source?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 07:53:22 am »

What do this COuntry and Tuning Space Settings mean? Might this be the source?

Country code affects your tuner's TV standard. Tuning space does not matter much, it is for custom frequency setting. Country code usually is your country's telephone country code (1 for USA, 44 for UK, 49 for Germany). When you started MC TV for the first time you have been asked to select a country from a list. That list show the countries your TV tuner card can be used in. If you are not sure whether you selected a correct country, try do a Scan for Channels again, or click on Reset button.

(Right now i'm just talking about the TVOption->Advanced Properties->TV Tuner and ->Video Capture Filter Properties)
These property pages are directly from the driver (not created by us). Therefore if you can not get the format from Video Capture Filter properties, there is a problem with the driver.

PAL-BGHIKD
Is this a combination of B, G, H, I, K, D formats? I wonder why Hauppauge does that.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Bielmann

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 08:34:28 am »

OK, i'll try to switch to germany 2nite. As I am watching german cable TV mainly, maybe this affects something.
I do not understand all that much what this B/G/H/I/K/D Formats mean, but this is what the program selected when installing the WinTV2000 Application.

Is there a possibility to manually finetune channels? (If I get to the point where I actually can watch channels in normal colors:-) Also in WinTV2000, for some channels, the Automatic Frequency Tuning (AFT) doesn't give perfect reception and manual tuning improves quality

Pages: [1]   Go Up