INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Post Smartlist Ideas Here!  (Read 1150 times)

CautionESPN

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Post Smartlist Ideas Here!
« on: November 06, 2003, 10:50:18 am »

I'm looking for any and all Smartlist ideas!  Any chance we can make this thread sticky?  I really think the smartlists are the greatest thing since sliced bread (other than my iPod and my TiVo) and would love to see some of the ideas that people have come up with in this area.

One of mine:
Albums Not Played Recently
~a ~t=500 [Last Played]=>=10080 -[Genre]=[Books on Tape],[Comedy],[Performance Art],[Political Commentary] [Media Type]=[Audio]

Full Albums, that havent been played in the last week, not any of the non-music genres, audio only, limit to 500 minutes

Rock And Roll
[Genre]=[Alternative Rock],[Classic Rock],[Hardcore],[Heavy Metal],[Punk Rock],[Rock/pop]

I'm sure people are more creative here than I am!

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Re:Post Smartlist Ideas Here!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 12:21:26 pm »

Well, taking a lead from iTunes as well as someone else, I made up quick smartlists for music of the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s as well as on span covering my adolescence and another covering college/early 20s. Just did Media Type=audio and then date ranges. (Although I have to say iTunes is much, much easier for this. In MC I had to put the Date= field in and then go back and right click and mess around to get the option to put in a range of dates. Not ideal.)

I also have an "noniPod" list where I put non iPod in the comment field for stuff I don't want to carry over.

I have a "Books" list for just that genre, mostly so I can easily get to them.

My most complex is Recently Ripped -- Ripped in the last 20 days, limited to 9gig and not including Favorites (a separate list). It looks like this:

[Media Type]=[Audio] [date imported]=<=28800 ~s=9000 -[Comment]=[non iPod] -[Rating]==3,=4,=5 ~sort=[Random]

And I have one I call "Dance" which is BPM > 120. It isn't all dance music, but it's very upbeat and I use this to pick up songs I move to the MuVo to run with.

Who else? What do you do?

marketability

• World Citizen
  • eat!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 05:32:48 pm »

Not my own creation - but I love it (thanks to the creator - if only I could find his post!)

It creates a smart list which randomly selects albums to play

~a ~sort=[Random]

There are loads of variations eg. as above for albums imported in the last x days

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 09:37:40 pm »

Also have a look at this thread for more smartlist ideas.

LisaRCT

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2003, 12:14:58 am »

My absolute favorite Smartlist . . .  a smart grocery shopping list.
Then again I may not be smart enough not to leave it at home  :-\

say goodnight Gracie   ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up