INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Change Event ?  (Read 2075 times)

littlegeeza

Media Change Event ?
« on: October 21, 2003, 12:24:37 am »

Hi,

I'm trying to create a fullscreen GUI using the out-of-proc automation and have a couple of questions...

Firstly, in the Windows Media Player SDK it is possible to write an event handler triggered by the "onChange" event, allowing you to easily determine when the player state changes, e.g. the media item changes, player is paused by user etc.

I was searching (not too hard, I must admit!) for something similar in the MC SDK, but couldn't find anything. Have I missed it, or does such a thing really not exist? If not, what would be the best way to "listen" for MC events, such as a change of track in a playlist.

Secondly, I'm using SVG combined with a Javascript based HTML Application (IE) and would like to understand how to check for an existing MC process. I have tried something similar to the VB sample in the documentation, but can't get it to work properly.

Finally, how can I quit an MC process which I start using

Code: [Select]
var oPlayer = new ActiveXObject("MediaJukebox Application");when I close my HTML application?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Paul

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Re:Media Change Event ?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 08:58:04 am »

I was searching (not too hard, I must admit!) for something similar in the MC SDK, but couldn't find anything. Have I missed it, or does such a thing really not exist? If not, what would be the best way to "listen" for MC events, such as a change of track in a playlist.

There is no event mechanism in MC even though I asked for it around 18 months ago:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=15822;start=msg107191#msg107191

To monitor when a track changes use a timer.

littlegeeza

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 01:59:56 am »

Shame 'bout that. Looks like the timer is the only option.

Thanks anyway Rhino

eruji

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 11:46:20 am »

Im not a programmer so this may be totally not what your looking for, but you can capture player state changes (playing, pause, stopped) in media center using DVDSpy and girder. Im using it now to return playing now information.

anyhow if this was a waste of time, just ignore

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up