INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do you rescan thumbnails?  (Read 1064 times)

dragyn

how do you rescan thumbnails?
« on: October 21, 2003, 06:32:29 pm »

last time I imported, the thumbnails don't correspond to the actual files. Is there a way to rescan the thumbnails so they're right?

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:how do you rescan thumbnails?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 06:37:49 pm »

Couldn't you just delete them?  You know, in explorer, right-click on the .\Data\Thumbnails directory, search for all *.jpg files, and then delete the results?

Yeah, I know, it would force MC to rebuild them all, a possibly long process, but once that's done, it's done.

(I'm just speculating.  Take my advice at your own risk.  ;))

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 06:47:51 pm »

Well that would take a long time for a few thumbnails. There's got to be an easier way. Maybe one of the next coming builds would be able to do it?

This is the first time MC made the wrong thumbnails. Most likely a bug.

nila

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2003, 02:40:53 am »

Would DEFINITELY LOVE a feature (right click) to rescan image as I'll want to be able to update it on a per-image basis when I edit images outside of MC then want MC to update the image.

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 02:58:31 am »

last time I imported, the thumbnails don't correspond to the actual files. Is there a way to rescan the thumbnails so they're right?
I don't have access to MC at the mo but didn't they introduce an option in a recent build under Tree & View Settings & Thumbnails where you could control whether it analyses thumbnails?  Maybe you have it switched off.
Pages: [1]   Go Up