INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: browsing panes and weird tagging problems  (Read 822 times)

Ric

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
browsing panes and weird tagging problems
« on: October 23, 2003, 11:19:52 am »

Hi,

I've got a couple of questions about MC9.

I've created a large playlist and would like to be able to browse the list using the genre/artist/album browse panes like I can in the master library. Is there any way to bring up the browse panes when browsing a playlist?

Also, I've noticed some really strange tagging issues. As an example, I have a CD tagged previously with other software in a folder called "The Best of Blondie" and the album tag for each song is "Best of Blondie". However, in MC9 the last 2 songs have an album tag of "The Best of Blondie". These 2 tracks also have a genre of "Pop" even though all the other tracks are "New Wave". What's really strange is when I open these files with any other software, both the ID3 v1 and v2 tags for album and genre are "Best of Blondie" and "New Wave". So I can't figure out where MC9 got these different tag info from? Can you clarify this for me?

Thanks,
Ric

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re:browsing panes and weird tagging problems
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 12:20:08 pm »

Ric

For playlists, you can add playlists as a column pane to a view scheme (right click, add column/playlist). Then you can filter the library view by playlist and add further columns to taste. You cant get the panes up when browsing playlists in the tree.

Dont know about the tagging thing Im afraid.

Ric

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 12:43:16 pm »

Thanks for the trick. I think that could be useful.

Ric

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2003, 01:56:09 pm »

If you prefer, you can also use your genre/artist/album browse panes as usual and put your playlist as a search modifier for the view scheme. Just click on the small arrow of the "search" box and establish your rule. Only the files from that playlist will show up.

Hope it helps.

Don't know the answer to your second question. Sorry.

-------
Listening to: 'D`nhirim Reforma' from 'Cesaria' by 'Cesaria Evora' on Media Center 9.1

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2003, 10:07:58 pm »

Just be aware of one thing - when you are filtering your current view by Playlist (eg. rule in the search box is [Playlist]=<whatever>), you are actually viewing your *library* filtered by the playlist.

So deleting files in this view isn't removing them from the playlist, it is removing them from the library.

So it would still be nice to have a way of viewing playlists with a browser structure, so that you could delete albums or artists from a playlist. I know you can still do this by sorting the playlist by artist/album/etc. but it would be nice to be able to use the browser as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up