INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: way to import playcounts??  (Read 923 times)

willrmc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • this town is a part of us all...
way to import playcounts??
« on: October 22, 2003, 10:34:19 pm »

i am currently re-ripping some cds into a higher bitrate and would like to keep all of my old library data (i.e. playcounts, last played, playlist info). sometimes i also get an album from a friend in a higher bitrate and would like to do the same. maybe you could make the number plays box editable besides a clear button? any other suggestions on how to achieve this would be appriciated, i searched around on the board but couldn't find anything. thanks for all your hard work!!!
 :)
-willie
---------

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:way to import playcounts??
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2003, 11:06:11 pm »

I think your SOL...unless the new file has exactly the same filename (at a minimum). Just overwrite the old file with the new. MC will never know the difference (to be safe, make sure it's not running). Some things such as bit rate, file size, duration, calculated fields, and RG values will be off (inc tags if they didn't match), but updating the library and re-analyzing should correct that...without losing your play count. I believe that MC indexes records based on filename.extension only, so it should work.

10-27

edit: Using MC to rip will probably throw your play count out of whack (it will reset it to 0, since the new rip matches an existing record). Therefore, use another ripper (such as EAC) for this task...then do your overwrite. If you're new to EAC, then I could send you the rip profiles I have built (with the correct tagging parameters) for ogg, flac, ape, & mp3.

willrmc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • this town is a part of us all...
Re:way to import playcounts??
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 12:26:35 am »

thanks for the tip xen, i ripped the songs in mc on my laptop and then overwrote the songs and updated. it worked perfectly. thanks again!
---------
Pages: [1]   Go Up