INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: ability to edit album cover art  (Read 1157 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Request: ability to edit album cover art
« on: November 09, 2003, 05:10:12 am »

I've noticed that none of the image editing tools are available to edit album cover art.

Some of my downloaded cover art needs to be rotated 90 degrees right or left. Now, I can import the image as a picture and edit it using the usual MC9 image tools, however... most of my images are called folder.jpg so it's a bit of a slog. I'd like to be able to right-click on an album cover and have the option to do basic image manipulation right there.

After all, the code is already in MC9, isn't it?

LisaRCT

Re:Request: ability to edit album cover art
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2003, 06:48:37 pm »

Hmmmm, apparently I am not the only one finding difficulties as a result of having followed that 'folder.jpg' idea. Wish I hadn't gone and done that.   :(

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2003, 09:54:09 pm »

Well, here's what I'm doing now:

I use the "My Computer" view in the tree to find the album folders, and then open the image file. I can use the "Image Tools" menu to rotate, etc.

However, even though I made the changes using MC9 (!!!!) I still have to remove cover art and re-add to get the thumbnail to reflect the changes.

It should be sooooo easy to fix this - everytime you see an image in MC9 you should have the image tools available, even if it's album cover art.

Also, the folder.jpg convention is common enough that MC9 should be a bit more clever about using it? I'm going to keep using it, since other programs rely on it, and it is nice to be able to manage my music in Windows this way. (I still use Explorer for major file moves and changes since "Move/Copy" in MC9 does not move *folders*.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 04:29:24 am »

I would guess that once you have made a bulk of changes the best way to get MC to update the thumbnails is to tell it to rebuild them.  It is in the options screen and you can get MC to delete all thumbnails and it will then reassign them...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

LisaRCT

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 07:41:55 am »

Is there an easy way to get my cover art which is now in each folder as "folder.jpg" back into the cover-art folder?  
I was able to get it there using King Sparta's cover art plugin, but I'd not like to copy it back to the cover art folder as well as leaving a copy as folder.jpg for each album.  This would allow MC to draw off the cover art folder whre I have global access to the cover art files, yet still leaving the folder.jg for windows and other sotware.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 08:56:44 am »

Simple solution... just edit the Name property of the folder.jpg to something a bit more descriptive. Then it will be easy to find in your library. If you need to, you can use the Fill Properties from Filename tool and fill the tags in based on directory structure. I usually fill in the Artist and Album tags, then fill Genre with Album Art. Then it becomes a piece of cake to find the image you need.

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 09:36:14 am »

Simple solution... just edit the Name property of the folder.jpg to something a bit more descriptive. Then it will be easy to find in your library. If you need to, you can use the Fill Properties from Filename tool and fill the tags in based on directory structure. I usually fill in the Artist and Album tags, then fill Genre with Album Art. Then it becomes a piece of cake to find the image you need.
This is a great idea - works well. However, I still need to view my library as "Images" to apply the editing tools, and the thumbnail refresh problem is still there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up