INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Help!! MJ v8 frequent freezes & errors.  (Read 1189 times)

lailathegreek

• nothing more to say...
Please Help!! MJ v8 frequent freezes & errors.
« on: December 16, 2002, 08:21:31 pm »

Please help me!! I downloaded the trial version of MJ v8 and it worked great. I liked it so I bought the program and got rid of my old Jukebox program (Real Jukebox...it kept on crashing and freezing during downloads...dejavu?!?) To make a long story short, I uninstalled then reinstalled MJ onto my computer. This must have caused some glitch or something 'cause now if I try to rip a CD it freezes (and often won't even let me force quit, it says the debugger needs to be diabled), if I try to play some of my music files it gives me error messages, and I recently tried to convert some files and it wouldn't get past the first song.
Please help me, I'm moving oversees soon and can't carry all my CDs with me and NEED my music.

Here's my system info:
Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.393
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium III 149 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 98 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 2195)

Internet Explorer: 5.00.3315.1000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.00.3103.1000
Shlwapi.dll: 5.00.3315.1000
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3103.1000
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

lailathegreek

• nothing more to say...
Re: Please Help!! MJ v8 frequent freezes & errors.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2002, 08:27:19 pm »

Oh, and one more thing...it now takes double the time to rip a CD than it did before the uninstall. It then freezes after ripping 1 CD. I havn't even tried burning a CD yet since the uninstall...I'm afraid to.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2002, 09:06:08 pm »

Standard advice in cases like this...

Backup license...uninstall MJ...update W2k to SP3...update ASPI (see Adaptec site)...update anything else relevant...reinstall MJ...restore license

10-27

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2002, 10:30:53 am »

To check whether it's a ripping or encoding problem, try setting the encoding to "uncompressed wave" and then ripping. Does it behave differently?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

New_Guy

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2002, 09:25:08 pm »

Don't see any reason why it  would work this way but I have also had problems with the software after unlocking the license.  It was virtually problem free.

Problem is that I'm having difficulty recreating the problems.  It's hard to diagnose if you can't consistently reproduce.

Example:  Turn on or reboot computer.  Click the MJ quick launch icon...instant reboot.  Do it again and MJ starts fine.  Very frustrating and certainly didn't happen while running the software locked.  Numerous write errors or successful writes that other CD players can't read (sometimes).   Auto launching when a burned CD is loaded, then unable to read Yabb the application crashes, reopen without taking out CD and yabb fails but tracks can be played (again sometimes).

Also interesting is that my system has been freakishly stable since I bought it.  No lie.  It has never crashed, that is until I unlocked the MJ v8 software a few weeks back.

If it matters.
Athlon 133
512 ram
40+ free gigs religiously defraged drive
02 XP Home religiously updated

Not trying to rip the software.  I've been using MJ for a few years and sometimes a version just doesn't want to behave.  I hated v6, loved v7 and have had a lot of problems with v8, though the feature set is great.

Bring on nine baby!  Bring on nine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up