INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Cleaning Programs.  (Read 1747 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Audio Cleaning Programs.
« on: October 29, 2003, 02:07:53 pm »

Yesterday I Bought Two Programs

Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 And Pinnacle Clean & Clean Plus 4.0

Both Programs have some problems like

Pinnacle Clean & Clean Plus 4.0 will only import 16bit files (stereo) and if your cleaning old media files most i would think are mono. to use this program you would first need to convert the files so they load into the program.

this version came with a USB device that will allow you to hook it to an outside sound source thru RCA jacks.

all e-mails to the company so far have gone unanswered.

===========================================================

Audio Cleaning Lab 2004 always pops up a message (when importing mp3's) stating

"if you want to use this fuction, you have to install the quick-time extension. this can be found on the"

thats it, message cut off. now if i could only find out where it can be found i would be ok. the program does load the mp3 and works fine after that. this program does a good job cleaning up media files with problems and does it with basicly one press using auto or you can do it manual. it does tend ot have too many pop up messages between events basicly making it a bad Batch event program.

note: also with this program you must pay for a 14.95 license to use the mp3 encoder (GoGo) and i did.

it took maybe 30 mins for the server to send back my registration code.

all e-mails to the company so far have gone unanswered.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
Re:Audio Cleaning Programs.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2003, 02:32:36 pm »

King - did you check out any reviews/forums that spoke of these programs before you bought?

I make it a rule now to check out other people's experiences (with the product as well as support) before I lay down the cashola...

Good luck though, hope you find the answers you're looking for.
Kwake

p.s. Just now finished installing Lyrics Finder plugin...going to give it a run with my files on read-only to upload what I got first.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2003, 02:44:08 pm »

King - did you check out any reviews/forums that spoke of these programs before you bought?

well i just bought it because i was in best buy buying "Norton Utilities Pro 2004" and seen a newer version of them I already had "Audio Cleaning Lab version 1.0" and it works good.

I was just looking at them for maybe cleaning up some of my OTR files.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

modelmaker

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2003, 08:10:43 pm »

I have AudioCleaningLab 1.04 (CD). I love it. I 've been using it for a couple of years now to record my LP's and cassettes and clean them up before converting them to whatever.

However trying to get support from them (Magix) the last 7 or 8 months has been excrutiating. I' ve had to do a couple of reinstalls and lost the key code for the mp3 converter upgrade. other than the auto-generated message I have yet to recieve a new key or any other communication from them. Phone calls haven't been any help either. They tell me they haven't recieved any emls from me while I'm looking at their auto-message!

So, I just export the wav file now and use EZCD to convert the files. Besides Aclab uses Frauenhofer fixed and EZCD has all the options; vbr, ogg, ape, etc. (I also use MC for this purpose as well).
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2003, 08:13:56 pm »

well the new version has a reinstall key option i think it is done auto not sure.

i think depending on where you are in the globe sending e-mails may not  be the same place on where you call.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

modelmaker

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2003, 08:31:12 pm »

When I used to get "friendly" help from them the receptionist mentioned she was in California. Magix main office is in Karlsruhe, Germany, so it's quite possible that the emls go to germany, but I would think that they can check their emls in germany from L.A. afterall this the age of the internet isn't it? ?
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2003, 12:02:33 am »

King,

I use Cool Edit Pro 2 to record my old vinyl, and use it's built in Click and Pop and Noise removers to clean up the tracks.

It's rather a time consuming process, but it works...

It might be a tad expensive just for this function, though...

I believe you can download an evaluation version from their website (www.syntrillium.com)
Cheers
Rob

LonWar

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2003, 07:01:43 am »

I have a couple of Pinnacle's products and I always had pretty good luck and responce using there forums.

Did you try that?
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up