INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Select Album Smartlists? Ideas?? (iPod)  (Read 1026 times)

markp99

• World Citizen
Select Album Smartlists? Ideas?? (iPod)
« on: October 29, 2003, 11:14:45 pm »

I'd like to create a smartlist that will create album views for just *select* albums.

With current/default "Browse>Album" functionality, I see >300 albums (some full, some partial).  Way too many to scroll thru,  I have created a custom column where I have designated my hand-picked favorite albums (about 15-20 albums).

When I create a smartlist rule to filter on this column, the resulting iPod smartlist shows me all the tracks from all the selected albums, shuffled :(  I'd like to listen to just the tracks from one album at a time (shuffle within selected album is fine).

Is this do-able??

PS>  Am I dreaming that MC9 came with some sort of  "Full Album" smartlist out-of-the-box?  I must have whacked it, 'cause I don't see it now.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Select Album Smartlists? Ideas?? (iPod)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 09:12:48 am »

markp99,

If you just want the albums within the smartlist to be grouped, add a sort rule for [Album] to your smartlist and I think you will be all set.

Steve

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 09:30:58 am »

Thanks for the reply, Steve.

Yes, sorting will keep an album's tracks together....but this is not really what I am thinking of...

I guess what I want is a list of Albums (like I see in current "Browse>Albums>" list on the iPod)...for only the subset of 15-20 albums I have selected as favorites...

So, really, I want an *Album List*, not a *Track List*.

Does this make sense??  Possible?

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2003, 01:20:51 pm »

markp99,

Maybe what you want is to create your smartlist and then go to View->List Style and then select thumbnails. This will populate your view with thumbnails of your albums which you can select and play.

Steve

Kurt Young

• Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2003, 05:34:42 pm »

On the iPod, you can not do this.  Any smartlist or playlist, when displayed on the iPod, will show you a list of tracks only.  No further subgrouping or submenuing within a smartlist or playlist is possible on the iPod.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync
Pages: [1]   Go Up