INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Revisited  (Read 790 times)

dragyn

Importing Revisited
« on: November 08, 2003, 01:57:19 pm »

I'm still having problems importing and here's what I found out so far.

If I start importing, be it from the import dialog, explorer, etc.. it will crash sometimes right away or after a few hundred files. If I import a couple hundred at a time (through explorer), MC has them imported before the importing dialog is displayed.

If I'm in Safe Mode, MC will import everything just fine. That's the only way I can do it now.

So what is Safe Mode doing so MC doesn't crash when importing? Anything I can do (check) that can resolve this issue?

I updated the video drivers thinking that was it but it wasn't.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
Re:Importing Revisited
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2003, 02:19:27 pm »

I am not sure about this but since it works in safe mode, it might be conflict with either drivers or software that is loaded during startup.

You could try going run->msconfig and try to disable the startup program one by one and see whether is it possible to isolate it from it there.

Not very sure whether it will work or not but I guess it is worth a try.
Don't Panic!

dragyn

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2003, 04:04:03 pm »

I closed as many processes as I could but it still happens. It has to be something with the accessing of the drive, display, or memory usage (I'm guessing).

The files are local so it's not a networking issue. I can start in safe mode (with networking) and it's fine.

Maybe it's going through them too fast? In safe mode it takes a little longer to import but it works.

phelt

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2003, 07:13:55 pm »

I don't know what kind of files you're importing, but I get lockups and crashes when I try to import more than a few (8 to 12) video files, or add them to Playing Now. This occurs whether I use the File menu or shell extension.

dragyn

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2003, 07:15:26 pm »

What I found out now is that the database is being saved WHILE importing.

Is this supposed to happen?
Pages: [1]   Go Up