INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Task bar controls  (Read 3226 times)

nila

Task bar controls
« on: November 10, 2003, 05:45:33 am »

Hey all,
I know a LOT of us have task bar controls and my graphic work is pretty bad so I was wondering if people could post screen shots of the task bar controls they have along with links to the icons?

Thanks! :)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re:Task bar controls
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 05:05:53 pm »

OK, this may make me sound stupid... but what do you mean by taskbar buttons? As in the windows taskbar?!?

nila

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 02:30:47 am »

Yeah, alot of us made an extra toolbar for the task bar that lets us control MC from it.

Just my icons are terrible :)

They're not very clear at all :(

Marko

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 02:48:48 am »

Nila, did you get the one's that DJ_Hazelwood made?

They complement the "i-tunes" windows theme really well. I don't use the ratings buttons anymore, I shifted that responsibility over to Rhino's PlayingNow plugin, but bunged them back in for this lil' screenie...

I'm almost certain there's a d'load link for them in the "NightLife" skin thread if you missed them.
If you already have, I'll get my coat ;)

-marko.

nila

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 03:07:55 am »

I didn't, I think I'll get them.

Where do you get that i-Tunes windows look theme? It looks really nice _ I want it!! :)

ben1000

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 12:10:56 pm »

How does one actually get these controls in the taskbar, pray tell?

Thanks,

Ben

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 12:20:04 pm »

That's pretty much what I was wondering!

sraymond

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 02:13:58 pm »

I think the moral of this thread is that JRiver should package a "Toolbar" that is installed automatically.  NPlayer does this:

so why can't MC?

Scott-

P.S.  The answer to the question "how do I do this" is to create your own shortcuts to an mjextman command with a custom icon and place them in a taskbar toolbar manually.  There is a thread describing the process step-by-step complete with icons, but I couldn't find it.  I'm sure someone will point it out.

Marko

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 03:23:58 pm »

How does one actually get these controls in the taskbar, pray tell?

Thanks,

Ben

All you need should be in This thread.

Just holler if you need any more help :)

SRaymond, glad to see I'm not the only one getting gip from the search function. I get Lot's of "no results to diplay" that you just know is wrong  ::)

nila

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 03:56:54 pm »

Yeah it should bundle the task bar controls - they'd be a BIG selling point.

Especially if they let users customise which buttons are there - pretty simple process really but a great one to sell the product with.

Combine that with the 'Playing Now' plugin which they should bundle into MC as standard and it'd be a HUGE selling point.

sraymond

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 04:09:19 pm »

SRaymond, glad to see I'm not the only one getting gip from the search function. I get Lot's of "no results to diplay" that you just know is wrong  

Yeah...  I searched on "Taskbar toolbar icon" and didn't get a hit.  Oh well...

Scott-

jiistme

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 05:35:15 pm »

I just want to say that Media Center kicks butt...I just bought it recently (a couple of weeks ago) and just about every week I found some cool new thing about it...The ability to create a toolbar with Media Center rocks (which I just found out about by reading this thread and created with the help of the commands and icons on the other thread)...between it and the Playing Now plugin, I don't think I will ever use mini me skins again...I have my screen space taken up down to less than the winamp skin I was using and it is more useful.

Jiistme

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 05:46:44 pm »

The reason I asked on here about what Nila meant was because I'd been looking for a utility that could sit in the taskbar somewhere and generate the windows multimedia messages to control Media Center.

In the meantime, I just used a tiny mini-me skin.

Now I know how to do it - and really am wondering how many other things I don't know! - but I'm probably going to stick with the Caliber mini-me skin just because it's probably closer to what I want, but it's pretty good to know what you can do.

What it has given me though is the answer to something I'd been wanting to do for a long time: have Media Center speak the name of the track on demand (I know that might sound weird, but I've got a wireless speaker set-up and a wireless remote control, and I'm quite often too far away to be able to see the screen and know what the track is that's playing - so I'll now be able to set up one of the remote buttons to run a program that grabs the name of the currently playing track and bungs it through to the Windows Speech Engine...)
Pages: [1]   Go Up