INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ooops..Playlist help  (Read 888 times)

Squanderbug

• Recent member
  • It should work
Ooops..Playlist help
« on: November 12, 2003, 01:21:10 am »

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to MC9 and am finding the playlists confusing. I have a couple of questions:

1) Last night whilst attempting to clear the 'recently played' playlist, I managed to delete it instead. How do I get it back, or how do I create my own playlist to do the same thing?

2) Why did the recently played playlist show all my tracks even though I had just imported them and not played any of them. It then started adding the last played tracks at the top of the playlist, but I'd like to have it showing just the last 100 tracks played.

Thanks for your help

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
Re:Ooops..Playlist help
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 01:08:19 pm »

Squanderbug,

Thought I'd try an help you since I have a penchant for Brits and I detected British nationality in the usage of the the word "whilst".

The 'Recently Played' playlist is installed by default, so if you deleted it, there's no way to get that playlist back, until you install the next version of MC.  But, you can easily recreate it by doing this:

Create a new smartlist called 'Recently Played' (or whatever you want to call it).  In the search box at the top of the playlist view, enter this (verbatim):

~sort=[last played]-d ~seq ~n=100

As for the 'Recently Played' playlist showing all of your tracks because you had just imported them, I can only think of 3 explanations:

1. You unknowingly clicked the 'Recently Imported' playlist, and whilst viewing it, thought you were viewing the 'Recently Played' playlist.

2. There's a "bug" in MC that cause MC to consider recently imported tracks the same way MC consideres tracks that have actually been recently played.

3. Same as #2, but it's not a bug; MC is suppose to work that way.

Hope this helps.

Wobbley

Squanderbug

• Recent member
  • It should work
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 02:17:25 pm »

Thanks Wobbley,

I've recreated the playlist as you said and it works, but still shows tracks that haven't been played yet. I've played 30 tracks and they list in the correct order, but there are still 70 tracks showing below those that haven't been played. Anyone know why?

It's not a big problem because I'll soon have played 100 tracks and then it will be OK.

Well done on guessing my British nationality  :)

Thanks again for your help.

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 02:23:13 pm »

Well the view scheme just specifies a sort order (by last played date) and a limit (100).  It is doing exactly what you ask for.

You are not asking it to exclude tracks that have never been played just sort them and limit the results to a maximum of 100.

Wobbley

• World Citizen
  • What a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 03:35:33 pm »

Squanderbug,

For the files you know have not been played, is the last played null?

If so, see if you can add a statement to the search filter that basically says "and last played not blank"

Wobbley

P.S. My roommate's a brummy
Pages: [1]   Go Up