INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please fix the playback of long files  (Read 773 times)

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Please fix the playback of long files
« on: November 11, 2003, 08:18:19 pm »

:(   It's been about six months since I brought this up, but I still can't play back a clip longer than about 1hr 40.  I tape 3 to 4 hour long radio programs for playback later using Media Scheduler, and every day I have to fire up WMP to listen to them. There is no way to drag the scrollbar past 1:40 without the file replaying from the start. And the multiple track feature doesn't work as a viable alternative, because on a radio talk show, every time there's a pause in speaking I end up with another file, perhaps 100 or more files for one program.

I get the feeling I'm asking for a favor or a special enhancement by asking again for this to work correctly, but when I scroll the playback bar to 2:30 and it pops back to the beginning of the file and reads out an elapsed time of -24.42, it's real hard for me to think of this as a "feature".

If you don't consider this a bug that you intend to fix, how about being honest about it and stopping all recordings at 1 hr 40 minutes, so we can at least play back what the program lets us record, and then we'll all know what MC's limits are.

Now actually MC *can* play back longer files, it just *loses control* of the playback after 1:40, not allowing one to fast forward or drag the playback bar, so it really is a bug, isn't it?

Try listening to a radio program for 1hr 55 minutes and drag the scrollbar 5 minutes ahead to skip some ads, and guess what? you'll have to listen to the first 1hr 55 minutes all over again, cause there's no way in hell to get back to that spot again  >:(

Have you allocated too small a numerical type to the variables that hold the elapsed time indication? Isn't this pretty easy to fix, like re-typing a couple of integer variables into longs?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Please fix the playback of long files
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 08:46:36 am »

There must be a silly overflow somewhere.

We'll look into it.  Please remind us in the build thread if it isn't fixed soon.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Curtis

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re:Please fix the playback of long files
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 03:17:59 pm »

Will do. Thank you for looking into this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up