INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: configuring 5.1 sound MC 9.1  (Read 988 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
configuring 5.1 sound MC 9.1
« on: November 11, 2003, 06:00:39 am »

hi guys!

i am a bit confused about how exactly i should configure MC 9.1 to give me 5.1 sound. i thought that configuring the dsp was enough but then im not sure its working and seperating the audio to 5 channels. is there anyting that need to be configured in the output in options? right now its in waveout and i read in another thread  by bjeversa that

"just found the solution.  My output was set to Wave Out.  As soon as I selected ASIO I got sound out of the rears."

thing is when i do that then MC says it dosent support 44100 sample rate...im a bit confused can someone help me configure my SB audigy to get surrond sound out of mp3 ?

thx alot in advance

zeltak  :) ;)

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re:configuring 5.1 sound MC 9.1
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 04:32:27 pm »

See Zeltak, the "dosent support 44100 sample rate" issue" should be fixed by changing the sound card ASIO settings and selecting 48000 option from Creative's Control Panel.

Got that problem too and that fixed it. By the way, have you tried the kxproject (http:///www.kxproject.com) drivers instead the Creative Drivers? They should give better performance and control over them.

Hope it helped.

Hugo_Elbuho

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 04:39:37 pm »

Well, i forgot to mention that what has to be done in fact is make Creative's Asio setting match with the settings on MC output format for Asio. That way you'll get what you expect. Hope this makes some sense!

Greetings,

Hugo

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 04:55:17 pm »

hi and thx for the reply!
im affraid im still pretty much lost, i tried changing the sampling rate at the creative control panal but ti didnt help, what exacty is the diffrence between wave out, direct sound and asio? i dont know exactly what is each one.... anyway i keep getting the same error message when i switch to asio...thx alot for the help anyway and id love some more ideas to get it to work if you could think of other stuff!

Zeltak  :) ;) ?

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 06:02:36 pm »

To get ASIO to work in MC on the Audigy (or any internal Creative sound card for that matter), you need to have MC upsample the output to 48 kHz.  You do in the "Output Format" plug-in in the "DSP Studio" dialog box.

Since you are using an Audigy, I recommend letting the card's drivers do the 2 channel to 5.1 channel converstion.  (Do this in the "Speaker Settings" control box.)

Also, be sure to download today's build first (v.9.1.302) as they just fixed a problem I was having with ASIO output on my Audigy 2 card.

A very simplistic overview:

Waveout -- kmixer (an internal Windows driver) processes the signal before sending it to the soundcard
DirectX -- DirectX processes the signal before sending it to the soundcard (and still possibly sends it to kmixer first)
ASIO -- bypasses both of the above sends the signal straight to the hardware

The Audigy expects a 48 kHz signal, hence why if you use ASIO, you need to upsample it first.  (Those 3rd party drivers mentioned above with do this for you.)

Omni
Pages: [1]   Go Up