INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bemused Server - Media Jukebox plugin ?  (Read 2578 times)

nlassonde

Bemused Server - Media Jukebox plugin ?
« on: November 18, 2003, 09:37:16 am »

I just recently started to use Bemused Server to control with a Palm (BTAmp), via bluetooth, the Mp3 player, accessing song details, playlists, control buttons, etc...

I noticed that a script was made for Media Center http://www.lilacsoftware.com/Bemused/ , but could not find anything for the Media Jukebox...

Any ideas on where to obtain or how to do it ??

Thanx.

Nx
Nx

Streaker

• Recent member
Re:Bemused Server - Media Jukebox plugin ?
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2003, 09:10:23 am »

The customized Bemused Server version currently only supports Media Center, not Media Jukebox.  If you are okay with using Media Center, then you should be able to download and use my modified Bemused Server at  http://www.lilacsoftware.com/Bemused

Just run BemusedServer.exe from the download in place of your current Bemused Server and select "J River Media Center" as the default application in the main dialog window (not in the wizard, if that shows up).  Then the first time you run a Bemused command on the Palm, it'll start up Media Center (if it isn't already running).  The cover art support won't work on your Palm but that shouldn't affect the ability to control the rest of Media Center.

nlassonde

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 10:47:18 am »

Thanx. DL Media Center and trying it now.

I've tried your version of Bemused Server with Media Center and BTAmp on the Palm.

It does connect to the software via bluetooth (once or twice out of 5 connection tries).

The functions seem to be working fine on the main software screen, i.e. play, fwd, rwd, skip, volume, etc. It does display the correct info for the song that is currently playing, with artist, album and lenght.

But on the playlist screen, the playlist shows each song as  §ÿå…§ÿå…§ÿå…§ÿå…§ÿå…§ÿå...     I however manage to get the right number of songs and can jump directly to one of them. Only, I cannot see the name, artist, etc...

Any thoughts or advices on this would be very much appreciated.

N
Nx

Streaker

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 12:16:24 pm »

But on the playlist screen, the playlist shows each song as  §ÿå…§ÿå…§ÿå…§ÿå…§ÿå…§ÿå...     I however manage to get the right number of songs and can jump directly to one of them. Only, I cannot see the name, artist, etc...
This is just a guess, but it could be due to some non-ascii characters in some of the playlist's song names.  Better character-set handling is on my "TO DO" list.  Does the playlist contain any non-ascii characters?  Maybe try a one or two track playlist with all ascii characters in the song names.   I'll see if I can duplicate the problem.

This is unrelated, but an FYI: if you haven't already set it, I recommend setting the Bemused client configuration "Connect to PC" setting to auto so that the phone/palm autoconnects to the same server.  Then when you start the Bemused client you will immediately connect on the first command (which should take under a second).

Pages: [1]   Go Up