INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unknown Album & YADB & other ?'s  (Read 1037 times)

Downunder

• Recent member
  • I'm learning .... slowly !
Unknown Album & YADB & other ?'s
« on: November 17, 2003, 08:39:46 pm »

I have just sucessfully ripped and encoded around 200 albums, and have had only a few that have come back from YADB as unknown.

At the time the message came back along the lines of "unable to connect"

Now everytime I place the album in the CD player MC seems to remember the CD as unknown, rather than trying YADB again. I would be surprised that the albums were not in YADB as they are more mainstream that many of the others it did have, Eg it failed on Joe Cocker - Unchain my heart and Bryan Adams - 18 till I die.

I am sure I had the Bryan Adams album details from YADB when I was running a trial version of MC a few weeks ago.

Is there a way of resetting this status, to try YADB again ?

I have tried what I think is the manual look up option under library tools, but finds 0 of N tracks.

On a couple of other occasions when MC went to YADB it came back with a couple of options for album names, but once one of these was selected, I could not find a way of looking at any of the other options that may have been more appropriate, is this possible ?l

I have tried to load the Kingspata - chart, lyrics and cover art finder, it asks for a registration number, tried to get one from their website but the webpage is always not found, is the registration number it is looking for the MC registration # ?

.....And finally when MC is looking up coverart it doesn't preview it in the getting cover art window, prior to loading it, so doesn't give me any opportunity to reject it ... is this correct ?

I am running MC 9.1.293 ? (I think)

Any assistance would be greatfully received ... thankyou.

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re:Unknown Album & YADB & other ?'s
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 04:02:47 am »

Go to Advanced -> CD/DVD in the tree and locate the albums and/or artists that appear as "unknown artist" or "unknown album". Delete them from the library. This will "reset" your CDs.

When you insert the CD again it will start the lookup from scratch and will try YADB again.

Hope it helps.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 05:48:33 am »

I have tried to load the Kingspata - chart, lyrics and cover art finder, it asks for a registration number, tried to get one from their website but the webpage is always not found, is the registration number it is looking for the MC registration # ?

it is not looking for your MC registration

thats not what that message states

www.spartasoft.com is my site

and this is what your looking for

5F030-RBE56-ZN6GT-30LCA-XS5AX
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

bvm

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 02:31:25 pm »

Is there a way of resetting this status, to try YADB again ?

Umm, have you tried right-clicking the CD (in CD, DVD & Handhelds) and selecting "Update from CD database"?  (When the CD in question is in your drive, of course.)

On a couple of other occasions when MC went to YADB it came back with a couple of options for album names, but once one of these was selected, I could not find a way of looking at any of the other options that may have been more appropriate, is this possible?

Not that I've found.  I do wish one could browse the alternatives before picking one.

Downunder

• Recent member
  • I'm learning .... slowly !
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 12:06:17 am »

Deivit - Galactic Citizen indeed ! ... right on the money, thanks that worked like a charm.

Kingspata - Thought it was a bit odd to use MC rego, but couldn't link to your website but all ok now, Ta. ... will play tonight !

BVM - will give this a go tonight as well.

Your kind prompt assistance and this product ROCK !
Pages: [1]   Go Up