INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Encoding multiple tracks as one?  (Read 1559 times)

MGD_King

• Citizen of the Universe
  • It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
Encoding multiple tracks as one?
« on: September 19, 2003, 04:03:18 am »

Is there a way to rip multiple tracks as one track? I haven't found a way to do it in MC and I would like to be able to do this so that there isn't a split between two songs i.e., a live album or two tracks that I want played as one.

MGD_King

Re:Encoding multiple tracks as one?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 03:14:51 pm »

Bumping this to find out if there's been any progress in finding an answer.

Sauzee

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 03:23:58 pm »

As far as I know there isn't.

This brings up the issue of cue file support again, which would be useful.

You may have to use EAC for the moment.

MGD_King

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 07:32:29 pm »

What I use for now is another program. ::)

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 02:27:39 am »

Indeed it does :)

i am told this will be "looked at" in v10..(wonder if it will be out before X'mas)

i have lots of albums ripped as one track for the same reason u mentioned MGD_King. Its the only way to get flawless gapless play on any player that can do mp3, regardless of whether mp3 supports it or not

Of course MC in its current incarnation cant read cue files so for the time being your workaround is winamp+mp3cue (plugin), that is assuming you are using mp3 as your audio format.

If not you can rip to APE and use APLs...again you will have to use EAC to rip but MC should handle playback fine. If 4X the storage required for APE compared with mp3 is not an issue for you, then go with APE.

Personally i wish APL could be extended to mean AudioPlaylist files encompassing any audio format ie ogg, mp3 etc instead of only APE. That one is up to Matt to decide :)

MGD_King

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 06:14:54 am »

Indeed it does :)

i am told this will be "looked at" in v10..(wonder if it will be out before X'mas)

i have lots of albums ripped as one track for the same reason u mentioned MGD_King. Its the only way to get flawless gapless play on any player that can do mp3, regardless of whether mp3 supports it or not

Of course MC in its current incarnation cant read cue files so for the time being your workaround is winamp+mp3cue (plugin), that is assuming you are using mp3 as your audio format.

If not you can rip to APE and use APLs...again you will have to use EAC to rip but MC should handle playback fine. If 4X the storage required for APE compared with mp3 is not an issue for you, then go with APE.

Personally i wish APL could be extended to mean AudioPlaylist files encompassing any audio format ie ogg, mp3 etc instead of only APE. That one is up to Matt to decide :)

I'm not sure about the cue support, but to me it seems that it wouldn't be that difficult to implement this requested feature. But then again, I'm not a programmer and I know absolutely nothing about MC's code, so I'm not even going to guess as to how hard it would be to add in. Hey! That's it!! Maybe someone could make an add-in for it?

What I do to accomplish this, however, is rip what I need ripped with SoundForge, import it to MC, and then edit the tag info and album art. This is the easiest way that I've found to get multiple tracks as one.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 08:37:16 am »

What I do to accomplish this, however, is rip what I need ripped with SoundForge, import it to MC, and then edit the tag info and album art. This is the easiest way that I've found to get multiple tracks as one.

But this results in one big file. You cant see individual track names !!

Cue files provides a way to see individual files while keeping the album unsplit.

MGD_King

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2003, 09:48:49 am »

But this results in one big file. You cant see individual track names !!

Cue files provides a way to see individual files while keeping the album unsplit.

True, but a cue file won't do me any good in my car's MP3 player because it doesn't recognize them. That's where the (32 character limit >:() Comment field comes into play.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2003, 09:56:11 am »

MGD > ...(32 character limit ) Comment field

Will your car deck read ID3v2 tags? If so then there is no reasonable limit for the Comment field.

10-27

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2003, 11:18:02 am »

True, but a cue file won't do me any good in my car's MP3 player..

eh ? car mp3 player...now he tells us ::)

Good Heavens man...i dont want to be looking at tag names when i'm driving.

i use a Rio Volt, stick the big mp3s on  a CD-RW ( cos its the only way u dont get skips, which is annoying)...and a cassete adapter..and i'm  off. The cue file is for desktop use...maybe one of these days a desktop app like MC will recognise them. That way i dont have to split stuff, and have an extra copy ( split & original) wasting space. Adds up after some time.

Thing that gets to me , is sometimes certain tracks have police sirens on them, i glance at the rear-view, nope...DJ got me again.

MGD_King

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2003, 12:31:21 pm »

MGD > ...(32 character limit ) Comment field

Will your car deck read ID3v2 tags? If so then there is no reasonable limit for the Comment field.

10-27

No, it only recognizes IV3v1 tags which really is limiting. But when I rip all my MP3s I use the v2 tags that way I still get more info while using MC.

Originally posted by hit_ny:
Good Heavens man...i dont want to be looking at tag names when i'm driving.

i use a Rio Volt, stick the big mp3s on  a CD-RW ( cos its the only way u dont get skips, which is annoying)...and a cassete adapter..and i'm  off. The cue file is for desktop use...maybe one of these days a desktop app like MC will recognise them. That way i dont have to split stuff, and have an extra copy ( split & original) wasting space. Adds up after some time.

Thing that gets to me , is sometimes certain tracks have police sirens on them, i glance at the rear-view, nope...DJ got me again.

My player scrolls through which ever tag I want, Artist, Track Name, Bit Rate, Comment, Folder, and File Name so it's not like I'm trying to wait for the field to come up.  And I know what you mean by the siren. I've been had a time or two myself. LOL
Pages: [1]   Go Up