INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: ? / wish list for MC9....MC10?  (Read 11471 times)

MachineHead

Re:? / wish list for MC9....MC10?
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2003, 10:13:46 am »

APEv2 tag support for mp3's natively would be about the only implementation I can think of as really being an asset. At least for now...

JamesCarter

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2003, 11:16:57 am »

Request: Video playback at 100% size i.e. at its original size and this as a default option.

Hello,

I have been using this application for a while now.

One thing has always puzzled me:

Why is it that it is not possible to play any video at all with its ORIGINAL size?
Surely that is not difficult to put in place .

We have "aspect ratio" and "display mode", but what is needed is in fact 100% video size to start the movie with and go back to, just in case someone happens to stretch the window.

Please implement.

Thank you

James

Phydeaux

• World Citizen
  • No comment... ;)
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2003, 04:19:08 am »

I would like to see:

1) Being able to nest modifiers and limits in smartlist definitions. Eg: "(Genre=pop ~t=100) OR (Genre=rock ~t=50)"

2) Extending the capabilities of Calculated Fields to include things like an IF statement.

3) Audio Analyse any media that has sound (ie: movies!!!). MIDI would be a stretch too far, but since I did say _any_ media, I suppose.... hmm...

4) A modifier that removes all but 1 (or to be general, 'x') of duplicates. Eg: ~trim=[Artist],2 would have at most 2 of each artist.

5) A playlist arranger (in stark opposition to a playlist RANDOMISER). Random orders are too prone to, well, mathematics. An example might work as follows: ~arrange=[Artist],10 which would mean that in a playlist that has been arranged, an artist may not have two tracks within 10 tracks of each other.

6) DO AWAY WITH THE ALERT MESSAGE THAT MC CANNOT FIND THE DISK! Default behaviour should be to continue... Pop up a little XP-style speech bubble (like the one when your printer has a bad day) or something, but continue playback at all costs! If nothing can play, stop, by all means, but please don't put a near-system-halting message in the way!

Sorry about the last little rant. It really annoys me especially because I have quite a bit of media (pictures, music and videos) on CD. And audio CD's.

P.
"Evil will always triumph over Good because Good is dumb." -- Spaceballs

nila

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2003, 05:15:24 am »

Calculated summary fields so we could create things like:

[Album] ([# Album Tracks] tracks [Album Length] mins) = So Far So Good (15 tracks 45 mins)

So we could get summary data for each field.

Could have the list of artists saying how many albums there were for that artist, total play time, number of tracks etc - just summary of whatever the grouping is etc.

Also would like Video Zoom modes - 1/2x, 1x, 2x :)

511PF

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2003, 05:51:26 pm »

1. Refined Hairstyle
2. An option to use a single left-click on the system tray icon to Play and Pause.  (Without a multistep process of writing batch files, downloading icons and system tray applets to do it).

antolod

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2003, 07:10:29 pm »

While I love MC9 and don't use anywhere near all of the available power of this program, it would be nice to add the database capabilities for DVD's much the way IVS's DVD Profiler does.  I just found out about that program, and if you haven't tried it, I highly recommend you do.  Maybe you guys could work out a deal with them and incorporate their database access into MC10.  It works by inputting the UPC code and presto, cover art, and all the information is loaded into your database.  Not trying to plug other software here, but the ability to catalog your DVD collection automatically is really nice.  I did my 150 or so DVD's in a little over an hour.  

Here's a link for anyone interested. http://www.dvdprofiler.com/ivs/index.html

Oh, btw, the program is free with a small ad at the top, or no ads by registering for $25.  I used it for 15 minutes then paid the fee.

Listening to: Knives Out by Radiohead from Amnesiac on Media Center V9.1.305
Kevin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
iPod 30gig
WinXP/ P4 2gig
Media Center 11.0.changes daily - 8040 files so far...

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2003, 10:39:18 pm »

I would like to see better handling of Web Media.

I would like the ability to create smart lists to help me create random CDs of my favorite music, but I only want one song by any artist on any one CD (in any Playlist).

I would love the ability to tell MC to not include any songs that are already in a playlist group; I have a group called Mix CDs, in which I keep all of the Mix CDs I've already created, listed as seperate Playlists.  I want to be able to tell MC to NOT include anything in this entire group, not just by selecting all the Playlists in that group, because I have to change the rule every time I add a new Playlist (Mix CD).

I would really like to see MC incoroprate a real DVD Playback interface.  I can play DVDs in MC, but It doesn't really have DVD transport controls (fast forward, pause, fast rewind, chapter skip, etc.)  I know a lot of people use Zoom Player, which is really just a front end for other codecs (I've not installed it and played around with it yet), but I think MC can do the same type of thing, and I won't need ANOTHER software program installed on my machine.  I just want to use one software for everything in my HTPC, and I really want that to be MC!

I have started backing up my DVD collection to HD, and really like the idea of being able to have all the movie info stored here, just like my CDs.  Things like release year, actors, genre, run time, soundtrack quality (DTS, DD 5.1, etc) resolution (4:3, 16:9, 2.35:1), maybe a quickplay link to the trailer.  having all the actors and director as hyperlinks to take me to a smartlist of other things they are in that are also located in MC, or at IMDB sould be WAY cool.

Almost forgot, I REALLY, REALLY want a way to keep my library synchronized on 2 different hard drives.  I plan on having 3 or 4 hard drives installed on a stand-alone server, and I need an easy way to keep the library synchronized with the required 3 or 4 backup hard drives.

Oh, and if I could have it all this week, that would be great ;)
pretend this is something funny

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2003, 03:16:04 am »

I would really like to see MC incoroprate a real DVD Playback interface.  I can play DVDs in MC, but It doesn't really have DVD transport controls (fast forward, pause, fast rewind, chapter skip, etc.)  
Well, my version of MC seems to have all those controls, and they work quite nicely too! Maybe it's the codec I'm using? Right clicking gives me a DVD control menu that seems better organized and easier than that of most of the other DVD players on my machine.

I'm also gradually moving my DVD collection to DivX files, so more support for those would be cool. In fact, the super cool feature I really want is support for subtitle files when playing DivX - a lot of the DivX rippers can generate a text file with the timecoded subtitles, and programs like BSPlayer can read them. This works *better* than the original subs, since you can change the font, position, etc.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2003, 08:50:59 am »

I didn't try right-clicking.  I just noticed the 'standard' controls in the full screen menu didn't work (except stop).  I do have controls on the right-click menu also - thanks :).  Does anyone know if these controls can be mapped to a remote (via Girder maybe) for use across the room from my recliner?

Does this mean that MC will work in the same fashion as Zoom Player, i.e. I can install other filters, like ffdshow, and Dscaler?  this will be good news indeed.

Thanks gpvillamil for the info.
pretend this is something funny

LisaRCT

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2003, 08:55:48 am »

When viewing TV in 'Windowed Mode', I'd like the resize to maintain aspect ratio . . . not only on the picture, but on the window itself.
Not any difference functionally, but I hate the black space that fills in between the image and the window on two opposite sides.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up