INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: POST IPOD SUPPORT QUESTIONS HERE  (Read 43535 times)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:POST IPOD SUPPORT QUESTIONS HERE
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2003, 10:21:09 am »

Bryan,

Thanks.

Don't worry about the library, the changes I made should cover you with the old library.

Steve

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2003, 10:34:45 am »

Just got my warranty replacement Gen 2 20GB Ipod (my old one gave up the ghost), Restored using the Ipod Updater, Initialized in MC 10.0.18 using the latest 88 Plug-in and I can't Synch or Upload manually any files at all. The ones I'm trying are all standard MP3 CBR 128 files that used to sit quite happily on the old Ipod. When trying to transfer, the first fils only gets a fraction of a second into the process, it stops and fails to complete. Subsequent files are just the same.

Tried Restore/Initialize another two times same result.

Now seriously alarmed tried Ephpod - everything synched/transferred fine. MC 10 recognises/plays these files fine - but won't add to them or delete them, and Synching Playlists to files that are already on the Ipod doesn't work either. So there's some problem with my MC/Ipod setup.

Can anybody - Steve? - suggest something? Thanks.

John

SteveG

« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2003, 11:21:35 am »

John,

After an initialization, try to transfer one file manually. If it fails, try to manually copy the file from Windows Explorer to your iPod_Control\Music\F00 folder. If that succeeds, delete the file from your iPod (it won't play) and then email me the file.

Thanks,

steve @ jriver.com

markp99

• World Citizen
« Reply #203 on: December 19, 2003, 11:53:51 am »

iPod Playlist Pathames:

Duh!  I just realized I can avoid the annoying playlist pathname in the iPod display by dragging my playlists out from under their current locations ("iPod Playlists" for me) and dropping under the "Playlists" main parent.

This also saves me a click during sync, as my playlists are no longer burried under parent folders.

Only drawback is a bit more *noise* in the playlist tree in the MC10 interface...  Much less obtrusive than on my iPod...so I am happy...

This is a good short term solution for me...until Steve dreams up some great new approach in v10 :)

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #204 on: December 19, 2003, 01:02:44 pm »

Well done Steve with the playlists.

As far as I'm concerned there's just the dynamic playlists and aa support to go.

I still find that the aa files will sometimes not play and haven't yet found a pattern (they always play in MC). The last played position also resets sometimes after a sync.

It would be great if MC would support the last played position for aa files (or better still for all file types).

For me, resolving this would mean MC does it all for the iPOD. (A calendar and contact sync would be great but then MC is not intended to be a PIM. Synching iPOD recordings would also be cool.)

I'm sue we all really appreciate your support and I'd like to be one of the first to wish you and everyone at J River a Happy Xmas and a great New Year.

MarkGrigsby

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #205 on: December 19, 2003, 02:33:56 pm »

Steve,

I've tried hard to break it, but my playlists are STILL OKAY!!  :D

Looks like the latest fix really did cure all.

Many many thanks for all your work - I can finally get back to enjoying MC and iPod as they should be!

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Mark

btvillarin

« Reply #206 on: December 19, 2003, 02:56:26 pm »

I can't help but be curious, so I hope you don't mind me asking....

Steve, how come at the least, the 3 of us (Mark, neo, and I) were having this problem?  ?

SteveG

« Reply #207 on: December 19, 2003, 04:36:44 pm »

Everyone,

Thanks for the postive reports and for the holiday wishes.  I think things are stable again. I will close this thread and start a new one becuase it has grown hard to navigate.

Bryan,

Hard to say for sure. I revamped and simplified things that had grown complicated from stuffing more and more into the plugin. I am glad it is better now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up