INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Removing empty directories doesn't  (Read 787 times)

bvm

• World Citizen
Removing empty directories doesn't
« on: November 25, 2003, 03:48:59 pm »

I've noticed in the last few builds I've run (up to 309), when I rename files from properties and it asks if I want to remove the empty directories that resulted, I click yes, but the empty directories are still there (and there's no error message, either).  And if I try to manually delete them, I can't.  But if I exit MC, I can.  This suggests to me that something in MC is holding on to those directories.

By the way, why doesn't the rename files from properties command execute immediately?  I understand why you don't update tags until I change focus (a reasonable optimization for when you're changing several things), but it's confusing that this command also defers its action.  If I didn't understand what was going on, I'd be startled by that dialog box about removing empty directories.

NickM

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
Re:Removing empty directories doesn't
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 06:41:08 pm »

I get the same problem.  v310
nick

phelt

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 09:51:12 pm »

This works for me in 311.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 10:13:46 pm »

I can't reproduce this.

Is it only certain types of files?  Can you make a step-by-step to reproduce it?

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 11:47:25 pm »

This is how I get the problem.

Local machine with ripped WAV files.  I use the various rename and tag functions to catalogue a batch of WAV files - maybe 5-10 CDs at a time.

Then I convert format and chose to save the APE files on a network server.  Chosing the Delete WAV checkbox does delete the WAV files, but leaves the directory structure intact,

In a perfect world, I would like the directory sub-folder removed.  In the rare case that there is a problem with the convert function, I would like the set of WAV files for that CD to remain - perhaps with a .txt file explaining what went wrong...

nick
Pages: [1]   Go Up