INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I will have several stupid questions DISPLAY  (Read 1170 times)

BadDog

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
I will have several stupid questions DISPLAY
« on: November 26, 2003, 08:28:47 am »

Ok,
I am new at this app.  I am trying to decide if it does not behave like I want it to or if I am missing a setting.

When adding tracks or albums to NOW PLAYING the list of Albums or artist stays where you are at if you drag and drop onto it or right click and add to now playing

If you click on the NOW PLAYING list and go back to MEDIA ALBUM/ARTIST the list starts at the very bottom (or top depending upon how you interpret this) again.  I would like the list of ARTIST or ALBUMS to stay put when I navigate to other choices such as NOW PLAYING.  

Am I missing something?  For instance scrolling in the ARTIST/ALBUM window and dragging ARTIST or ALBUM to now playing to build a list for burning or playing.  Jump over to NOW PLAYING to see what is in there and when returning to ARTIS/ALBUM list it is at the top again.  

The going to the top of the list occurs when ever I switch functions, I jsut want the list to be where I was when I return.

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
Re:I will have several stupid questions DISPLAY
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 08:37:31 am »

BadDog,

I agree, I think this would be a helpful feature. AFAIK, there's no way to do this now.

However, specifically for the Playing Now scenario you describe, you can use the Action Window. If you view the Playing Now list in the AW, you can drag-and-drop from your library to the list without losing your place -- and still see what's in Playing Now. Actually, the AW can be used for alot of things so that you don't have to leave your library.

But in general, I think it would be good if the library remembered where you were.

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

BadDog

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 09:11:04 am »

Thanks for the reply.  I will try not to wear you guys out.  I had been using MMJ8 and knew how to do everything with it.  This app has so many features I get lost.  I usually read the help files first but this seemed to be so simple.  I will read up on the action window.

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 09:31:38 am »

Don't fret, we're all happy to help when we can  :)

crow
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 11:24:50 am »

Use the back button in the bar above the library or playing now list to go back to the same place in the library.  Alternatively use the backspace key on your keyboard.

While getting used to how the app behaves when playing files check out and experiment with the settings under tools> options> general tab.

BadDog

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 11:20:25 am »

THANKS, that makes it much easier!!  Just new at this, this app has so many features I get lost in wrestling with them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up