INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internl Cover Art Issues  (Read 719 times)

Drowbe

Internl Cover Art Issues
« on: November 26, 2003, 03:57:33 pm »

I've searched the message board and help file, but I can't seem to find the answers I am looking for...perhaps someone can shed xome light for me.

I use MC for listening to music, watching TV and VIdeo; however, I prefer to use Tang&Rename for tagging since it hooks into allmusic.com for info and cover art.  I store all of my coverart in ther file AND include a copy of it in the album directory under the name cover.jpg.  This scheme seems to work with whatever player I choose (although usually I choose MC ;)...)

The issue is that after importing all of my files, many of the files that *had* internal cover art suddenly no longer has it.  They seem to all be in the coverart folder under MC now.  Does MC suck the coverart out of the file?

As a test, I redid my Yo La Tengo albums adding back the coverart using Tag&Rename...updated MC using Library Tool > Update Library (From Tags Always)...MC displayed the imgaes, but instead of say *internal* it noted the coverart directory as the location.  Went back to T&R and the images were missing. So...

1.  Why does this happen?
2.  How can I stop it?
3.  How can I put the cover art back without retagging each of my 23,000 files in Tag&Rename?

Starting to panic a bit...thanks for any guidance you can give me.

--Thomas

Marko

Re:Internl Cover Art Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 04:02:01 pm »

Use the action window to display a files coverart. Right click the image and on that menu, look for "Store coverart inside files (if possible)" and click on it. Because this was not previously set, everytime MC updated the tags on any of your files, it would have also removed the internal coverart.

This search string should return files that contain internal coverart....

-[Image File]=.,\,""

while this fellow should show all files with external art....

[Image File]=.,\

Now that MC is set correctly, get it to list the ones with external art, then select them all and "update tags from library (always)" and it should put the art back in the file and you'll be good to go from there on.

I'm sorry, but atm, I cannot explain the zero byte files you have.

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up