INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Out of the screen and unreachable when restored...  (Read 936 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Out of the screen and unreachable when restored...
« on: December 01, 2003, 12:02:53 pm »

Hi!
I wonder if there's a registry setting somewhere where you set the size and position of MC when restored? Right now I can only access it when it's maximized, otherwise it's way out of the screen (for an unknown reason) and I can't get it by right-clicking the taskbar icon -> move neither :(

Anyone?

Thanks!
/Martin

lee269

• sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re:Out of the screen and unreachable when restored...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 12:09:50 pm »

Martin

It seems that keyboard controls stil work, so if MC is the active application you can press Alt+Space, and then M to get the Move menu, then use the arrow keys to move the window into view. Arrow keys also work with the taskbar icon menu. It would help if MC obeyed the Windows commands for tiling and cascading windows though. Hope this helps.

Marty3d

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2003, 12:22:14 pm »

Thanks! I got it to move, but there's only a dotted line, which isn't resizeable ...cascading the windows didn't help, it's still invisible. Strange...

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 12:33:18 pm »

Another way...

Bump up your screen res enough to get at MC and move it to upper left corner...then you can set your res back.

10-27

Marty3d

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2003, 12:43:24 pm »

It's already to the max, 1600x1200 and MC is the little dotted thingy... hm..seems that I'll have to reinstall the darn thing. But I would like to solve this by a simpler way, editing an .ini file or something because I have a feeling this depends on me using Remote desktop instead of sharing libraries etc and perhaps happen again...

Anyway, if you have a solution, please post it here!

Thanks!
/Martin

Pages: [1]   Go Up