INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Solution Decision Help/Advice  (Read 723 times)

MacMedia

• I'm a llama!
Solution Decision Help/Advice
« on: December 03, 2003, 10:22:01 am »

I am looking at Medie Center as a home entertainment solution. I have been looking everywhere for the right solution, and think this may be the right fit, but want to get some prelim. advice and input from the experienced group here. I have been using a compbination of iTunes and MP3Voodoo for Mac, but want to find a single application with the db management capabilities of iTunes and the cover art display capabilities of MP3Voodoo (which is currently under development hold).

I have about 1900 CDs, all with cover art labeled as "cover.jpg" inside each album folder. The files currently reside on a Mac G4 volume. I want to be able to display my entire collection with the cover art on my television as an integral part of my home entertainment system. I plan to use a composite video output card and PC Remote control as well as a wireless keyboard and mouse to control the system.

This will be a dedicated music server.

CONCERN 1
I have tested the app with a small number of files and have noticed (beyond the cross platform file sharing issues) that the cover art is not being displayed under the Audio section. I would consider moving the files to the PC if necessary, but even testing the files locally resulted in cover art not being displayed consistently.

CONCERN 2
Systems requirements: I have had difficulty finding any minimum system requirements and would like to know if anyone could guesstimate the system requirements I would have with my entire collection?

TIA for your input and suggestions.

Pages: [1]   Go Up