INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Error: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file  (Read 756 times)

butterfingers

• I'm a llama!
Error: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file
« on: December 02, 2003, 04:28:25 pm »

I started with version 7 on my laptop well over a year ago, upgraded to version 8, then recently loaded version 8 on my new desktop.  I have been ripping my Christmas CD's onto my desktop using MJ 8.0.388.  I began getting the error message: "Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file.  Windows Media Error: 0x80070020" when I am playing my playlist - it will play a song or more, then on three or four in a row it will display this message with an OK button to click.  If I am not there to click it, it stops playing and after a while locks up.  I have all the songs saved as .wma files.  I also backed up the license from my laptop and renewed it on the desktop.  I have never had this problem on my laptop, but I have not run it on my laptop since I have installed it on my desktop.  Any thoughts for a solution?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re:Error: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 05:34:16 pm »

Well...yes...and it's tough...

Don't use the wma format. MJ/MC handle wma files differently now (though this change was after build 388) due to some legal restrictions. That's all I know about it and I am just guessing that that's your problem...or it may be that the tracks are protected in some way. Can you rip to some other format (ie ogg or mp3) and test? Either of these formats will future proof your tracks.

Another thought...
Do a google on WMP9 Audio codecs. You don't have to install WMP9...the codecs are available separately. They will work with WMP 6.4, 7.1, and XP( 8 ).

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up