INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: O/T - 'Frontier Labs Nex Ia' MP3 player uses CF cards??  (Read 1182 times)

LisaRCT

O/T - 'Frontier Labs Nex Ia' MP3 player uses CF cards??
« on: December 03, 2003, 12:43:44 pm »

Has anyone had any experience with the Frontier Labs Nex Ia?

It caught my eye as I seek an MP3 player that uses flash memory (for extended battery life as well as durability), particularly one using CompactFlash cards so I can share them with my digital camera.

According to the specs the S/N ratio and Distortion ratings seem quite good and the prices seem very reasonable (without the CF card it can be had for just over $100 USD including power adapter, phones, beltcase, etc).

Best of all . . .  it comes with none other than Media Jukebox!!   :D

Any input would be appreciated.

Cmagic

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Enjoying life with a little music....
Re:O/T - 'Frontier Labs Nex Ia' MP3 player uses CF cards??
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 12:56:09 pm »

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the info on this new product.
I presently own a NEXII mp3/wma player of the same brand and I am completely pleased with it.
Using it with a 512 MB CF gives plenty of playback time only limited by the approx 12 hours of battery autonomy.
Using the NEXII is fairly easy from MC as it behaves as a removable drive on which you also store any type of data.

This new model adds the FM radio and voice recorder capability, nice, I'll check it out !

One thing, the NEX II did not come with a CF card in the box, it will probably be the same for NEX Ia.

HTH, Ciao,

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

dkan24

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 04:02:22 am »

I have the Nex II and the sound quality is great.  It easily beats an Ipod in this regard.  CF cards are getting cheaper, I have a 1GB which stores about 18 albums.  

LisaRCT

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 02:01:12 pm »

Thanks for the input.
I am glad to find out the sound quality is good as that one of my biggest considerations aside from format.  I was also glad to find it does high bitrate MP3 as well as VBR (which I prefer).
This is looking better and better  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up