INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music Library Directory  (Read 897 times)

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
Music Library Directory
« on: December 10, 2003, 01:12:23 pm »

Just doing some ripping and MC came up with an alert "you are low on disk space for your music library directory - do you wat to continue?"

I still have over 4 GB of space on the disk I'm currently using for my music.

Any ideas?

Media Center 10.0.12 -- E:\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 698 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 324 MB
Resource Info: System - 40 %, GDI - 68 %, User - 40 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1276 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive K:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive K: SONY     CD-RW  CRX100E     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Music Library Directory
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 01:19:05 pm »

Any ideas?

1. delete files in the recycle bin
2. delete files\programs not used
3. buy a bigger drive

4 gigs is hardly anything now days even more so when dealing with riping to raw wav (like most music programs do) files that take alot of room.

if you click on rip and encode at the same time i think this will help since it will copy 1 file to raw wav then encode it to MP3 then remove the wave.

if you have this turned off then MC will rip the cd to raw wave then after the whole cd is done and used all the drive space then it will encode to mp3

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 01:25:05 pm »

One quick thought: is your MC library file (File/Library/Library Manager) stored on another disk than the one you actually keep your music files on? Perhaps its that disk which is short on space. Although as library files are usually not too large, if youre using the default location, ie where you installed MC, if that is your Windows/Programs disk Id have expected Windows to let you know before now if that one was full. Otherwise, perhaps some temporary location MC uses when ripping, as King says, is full?

Bit far fetched perhaps, but I felt the MC alert was ambiguous.

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 01:34:15 pm »

I think Lee might be onto something.  I have a second rive with 20 Gigs on it and if I change my library (ripping destination) to that it still gives me the error.  The drive that MC is on is my most full so I'll try moving the directory files or opening up more space.  Stay tuned.
Pages: [1]   Go Up