INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Korean Language support  (Read 1313 times)

Sei

• Recent member
Korean Language support
« on: December 08, 2002, 07:10:07 am »

When I import songs with Korean character in Name field and Artist field, MC's database displays strange characters, especially in the  beginning of the field. It happens repeatedly. However, in the MC9's filename field, I can read correct Korean letters.

I use WIN XP Prof., and in explorer I can read the Korean character without problem.

What is the problem? Does MC9 have problem in dealing with Asian characters in importing? For your info, in case I correct them by typing into MC9 database directly, I have no problem. Please help!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Korean Language support
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 07:26:58 am »

Media Center currently only supports ANSI (not unicode) characters.  This may change before the final release of Media Center.

Changing Media Center's font works for ANSI based European languages.  Not sure about Korean.

Thanks Sei.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sei

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 07:44:43 am »

Thanks for reply.

Umm, how can I pursuade you folks to work for unicode?

Well, recently I read that the best selling MP3 player was IPOD in Japan, where I live now. Korea and Hongkong and other Aisan country has fastly growing number of customers of MP3 players, as we all know. They will be annoyed when they experience all the music library they might have built up so far cannot correctly be imported to MC. That will, for sure, discourage them to use MJ.

If langauge is a tool for communication, does MJ refuse to communicate with this part of world with large market potential?

Having experienced this, I'm wondering whether I have to look back MMJB, which at least supported Korean Character. Well, I bought MC9 a few weeks ago nad I like it so much. Please help me to stay in this play ground...   8)

simpleuser99

• Junior Woodchuck
  • BANZAI!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 10:03:39 pm »

Sei,
  I am confident that the hard working MC coders will find a way to impliment unicode support for v9.
  Right now it is still in BETA and I am sure they are working out many of the major kinks.
  I posted a request for Japanese/Unicode support and I am also using the English localized Win XP Pro. I was told that there should be some support in the next month or so.
  Note to JRiver: East Asian fonts/characters can play tricks on database sorting and other aspects of a program (that whole double-byte thing ;D), so it might be good to put unicode support in soon so we can help iron out any bugs before the final roll-out. Fewer bugs make for a better first impression - especially in the East Asian market.

Jya ne.  8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up