INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Tuner Lockups (v10.013)  (Read 680 times)

Drowbe

TV Tuner Lockups (v10.013)
« on: December 11, 2003, 07:14:52 am »

Had to do an emergency rebuild of my PC last night (long story).  I thought I'd start right off with the latest beta.  Everything *seemed* to go well; however, when I went to install the TV Tuner bit, the whole app locked up.  Killed the process, tried again...same thing.  Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, tried again...locked up.

So...I reinstalled, 9.136 and everything went fine.  Upgraded to 10.013 and the TV still works fine.   The tv support in 10 must be *missing* something that was available in 9.1.

Thought I'd let you know...

--Thomas

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re:TV Tuner Lockups (v10.013)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 12:26:32 pm »

Did you see the lockup during channel scanning?

I tried to reproduce the lockup, but could not. The only thing I see is an apparent lockup during channel scanning. The program appears to lockup for a period of time until scanning finishes, which could take a long time (especially if you scan for cable channels since there are many). This is a known problem. I have fixed it recently, but my fix has not been included in MC builds yet. It will soon.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Drowbe

Re:TV Tuner Lockups (v10.013)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 02:08:03 pm »

I let it set for about 30 minutes.  Windows told me it wasn't responding.  Also, *usually* you can watch it go through the channels and say "...Channel 56 Available", Etc.  This just sat there...also, the the form wasn't being redrawn when something moved over MC, it just turned that part of the screen white.

It is good to know you are still working on the TV part of MC...I use it often.  Any chance of being able to toggle off the title bar when the video window is in "windowed" mode?
Pages: [1]   Go Up