INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: V10 screenshots for potential upgraders  (Read 899 times)

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
V10 screenshots for potential upgraders
« on: December 11, 2003, 09:41:05 pm »

Hi,
I am a build-by-build user of v9.....and am thinking about upgrading to v10....but can't find any screenshots or blurbs to give me rough idea of what it is I am getting.   I would like screenshots/info to determine when to upgrade -- do I get some great new features or gui now that for me are worth dealing with early bugs/issues vs. might I be better waiting because for me the new goodies aren't really relevant to how I use MC at present.  

Can I download v10 and install it (leaving my v9 alone) to check it out...or will this wreak havoc with my v9 installation?

Thanks,
Lee

Wile E. One

• World Citizen
Re:V10 screenshots for potential upgraders
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 10:31:16 pm »

MC 10 (so far) looks very much like MC 9, with a few minor tweaks... so screenshots won't show you too much.

You can't have both v9 and v10 installed together... like you say... it will wreak havoc. What you CAN do is back up your v9 library, install v10 (and upgrade your license while it's half price), and if you decide you don't like it, you can uninstall v10 and reinstall v9. Now you will have a license for each version... and you can bounce back and forth every once in a while to check on progress.....

Note: Just keep an eye on your restores  ;)
Now isn't this just typical of whereever this is?

hakuin

• World Citizen
  • Old pond, leap-splash-a frog.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 11:39:58 pm »

Ok...thanks for the info.   One follow-up question: if I do backup my library and then install v10, will that backup restore ALL of my options settings and other customizations I have done to MC, or will it only restore the file database?

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 01:04:22 am »

Backing up your library saves the database, view schemes and playlists - not options and column headings.  However, if you install v10 over the top of 9 options and customisations you've made will be retained.
Pages: [1]   Go Up