INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Girder control of Volume  (Read 1793 times)

Gregg

• Recent member
  • Please write a good Dell Jukebox plug in!
Girder control of Volume
« on: December 10, 2003, 11:08:51 am »

I am having a problem with the Girder commands for volume.  It seems that because of the audio card I have the only way to control volume is by clicking on the volume tab in the taskbar and grabbing it and sliding it.  I tried the codes like mjextman.exe /MCC 10020.75 but their is no response.  Is there a way to make windows takes it's volume up to the 75% range?

jleerigby

Re:Girder control of Volume
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 01:27:25 am »

I don't have the answer but it might be useful to say what audio card you have.  It's known that some audio cards cannot be controlled by MC.

Gregg

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2003, 06:36:28 am »

I figured it out.  You have to use the OS commands for the volume.  Then it works fine.  Thanks.

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2003, 06:41:54 am »

I have a related but slightly different problem.  I'd like to control the bass and treble sliders with Girder.  I have an Audigy2.  The sliders are available within the surround mixer with the Audigy software but can also be accessed through control panel.  I forget the exact route but it's something like Audio properties> Advanced> Play controls advanced.

Does anyone know how to change these using girder?

sraymond

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2003, 09:55:39 am »

I have a related but slightly different problem.  I'd like to control the bass and treble sliders with Girder.  I have an Audigy2.  The sliders are available within the surround mixer with the Audigy software but can also be accessed through control panel.  I forget the exact route but it's something like Audio properties> Advanced> Play controls advanced.

You use Girder's O.S. commands for volume control.  Check it out - and if you still need help, let me know.

Scott-

Gregg

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2003, 10:07:21 am »

Oh yea, that worked great thanks.  

jleerigby

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2003, 06:44:28 pm »

You use Girder's O.S. commands for volume control.  Check it out - and if you still need help, let me know.

Scott-

Thanks Scott.  I do need help as it happens!  I can't see anywhere in the Girder OS tab to control bass & treble - only volume.

p.s. The exact route I tried to mention above is Control Panel> Sounds & Audio Devices> Volume Tab> Advanced> Advanced

sraymond

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2003, 08:16:02 pm »

Thanks Scott.  I do need help as it happens!  I can't see anywhere in the Girder OS tab to control bass & treble - only volume.

p.s. The exact route I tried to mention above is Control Panel> Sounds & Audio Devices> Volume Tab> Advanced> Advanced

If, for example, you select the O.S.'s "Set Volume" and then click on the "Volume" button, you should see a tree node for each soundcard.  Depending on the soundcard, you should be able to find a setting for base and treble.  For my SB Audigy, they're under the Play Controls/Mastercontrols node.  My no-name soundcard doesn't have base or treble - and so they're not present.

Scott-
Pages: [1]   Go Up