INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: making a "pseudo" album....  (Read 1196 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
making a "pseudo" album....
« on: December 12, 2003, 06:37:16 am »

hi guys!

i have a Quick Q. is it possible to see a playlist of an album in the media library album\artist view etc..for example i have the led zepplin box set and i want to view it as albums with covers etc so i thought about using playlists of the albums and see them in under the artist album thing. is it possible to do this with the playlist and is it possible to add an image (cover art) for the playlist?
thx in advance
Zeltak :) :) :)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
Re:showing playlists in Media library
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 05:35:11 am »

i saw that no one answred me so im gussing i probably didnt explain myself well , sorry  :-[ :P. i guess to try and explain it again i want to know if its possible to make an "album" that will show in the regular media library like any mp3 album but will be a playlist , so for example if i had a box set of led zepllin and wanted to make a led zepllin 4 album i would choose all the songs as a playlist and make a "Album" of it. the only problem is that i want to know if i could see it in the media library view and not only on the playlist without physicly making a copy of all the mp3 on my hd

Thz alot

Zeltak  ;) :D

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:making a "pseudo" album....
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 06:44:31 am »

I think your only option is to make  the mp3 copies and "build" the albums in your HD. I haven't found a way to list a playlist as an "album". I have a Yes box set and I ended up re-tagging the songs for the albums they originated from. Not a very elegant solution. Now, I just make the copies. It doesn't waste that much HD space.

Listening to: '14 Shades of Green - Chris Stanley' from 'Fortune Cookie' by 'Various Artists' on Media Center 9.0
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

zevele10

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 07:53:03 am »

I'am sure you cannot do it.

You mean you want to see all the songs from L Zep first album  as
L Zep/L Zep
4 as L Zep/4.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 08:10:27 am »

hi zevele! :)

what i meant is not just tagging the songs and then seeing them as a lz4 album but rather keeping the original tag and creating a playlist that will have the correct lz4 song order (and album cover if its possible to attach an album art to a playlist). then i would like to see that playlist in my album view (as it is the led zep4 album) ,or if not maybe as a link there to the playlist since its annoying not being able to see playlist in the media library view. P.s is the term zevele from hebrew... ;)?
thx in advance
Zeltak

zevele10

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 08:46:37 am »

So , this you cannot do.
Someone asked for having some songs under two albums.In the case of best of for exemple.
The same song to be see as song number x of the original album and number x of the best of album.
Look like Copy/Tag the only way.

Zevele is hebrew
The first e ,not like in english- like HEY

Long story.
Started as ze'ev- a first name i love - with_el
ze'ev-el.
Was a way to play with sound , giving a sound very proche to zevele.

But i'am lazy, so i changed it to zevele.
Who means trash in hebrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up